{6} Drown

Jenny was trying to catch some extra sleep before school after the long shift she had at the arcade yesterday had left her exhausted

Jenny was trying to catch some extra sleep before school after the long shift she had at the arcade yesterday had left her exhausted. Unfortunately, her plan was ruined when she was woken up by a plate clattering to the floor and her Dad yelling "SHIT!"

Jumping out of her bed, she groggily ran into the main room, where Jim Hopper and Eleven were standing at the table, glaring at each-other. El stared him down, practically shaking with anger. "Friends don't lie."

Then, she stomped into her room and slammed the door without even touching it, thanks to her telekinesis. Hopper, who was left in the kitchen covered in cream and waffle crumbs, kicked the table in frustration.

Jenny sighed and let her tense shoulders drop. She was tired from not getting enough sleep, and frankly, she was tired of the constant fighting in the cabin. Her patience was wearing seriously thin.

Although the situation couldn't be helped, El being pissed over the fact that she couldn't leave and Hopper only wanting to keep her safe, she was still mad. Mad at her Dad for being so overprotective, mad at El for not understanding and mad at the people who took El's childhood away from her. The people who were still out there looking for her

••••••••••

Two hours later, Jenny was sitting underneath the school bleachers, dressed in Hawkins High gym clothes, smoking. Helen, a Senior who Jenny was familiar with, was siting next to her, yapping on about what shitty thing her boyfriend did to her the other day. Jenny mindlessly nodded in reply as she spoke, not listening as her thoughts were elsewhere. She didn't really like Helen, but it was better than skipping class alone. And she had to admit, she found Helen's tendency to over-share her problems entertaining.

"Jenny?"

She looked towards the sweet voice that was calling her and saw Nancy Wheeler, holding her books tightly to her chest. "Can we talk for a second?"

"Uh, yeah." she threw her half-finished cigarette on the ground and cautiously walked over to the Wheeler girl.

"Um, hello?" said Helen, annoyed that some prissy girl had just interrupted her story and the fact that she was being ditched. "I need you're help with this."

Walking away from the bleachers with Nancy by her side, Jenny waved her off, not bothering to look back. "Just break up with him, he's a jerk."

Her and Nancy made their way to  a quiet spot, between the two school buildings, Nancy beginning once they got there.

"So, Steve never picked me up this morning," she said, doing that wide-eyed innocent look she usually put on. God, Jenny hated that look. "and people say they saw you leaving with him after the party."