{7} Brat

Jenny was very tense as she stood next to her Dad on the cabin porch, watching Eleven as she approached the house after being god knows where

El looked at Hopper and Jenny guiltily before putting on a cool expression and walking past them into the cabin, not even sparing them a glance.

"Dad," Jenny warned. She realized what Eleven did was wrong and that she should be punished, but she knew her dad, and he was not going to go about this situation calmly and rationally.

Hopper ignored his daughter and stormed into the cabin after El, almost slamming the door on Jenny as she followed behind him

"'Friends don't lie' isn't that your bullshit saying?"

El continued to ignore him, walking straight into her room, annoying Hopper further.

"Hey, hey, HEY! Don't walk away from me!" he yelled, slamming her door open.

"Where'd you go on your little field trip, huh?" he patronized, "Where? Did you go see Mike?"

"He didn't see me," El answered.

Hopper proceeded to question El on whether anyone saw her and scold her for putting them in danger, while Jenny stood in the doorway, not knowing if she should interject or let them sort it out between them.

"You promised, I go. And I never leave! Nothing ever happens!"

"Yeah, nothing happens and you stay safe!" Hopper yelled as he slammed his hand on the wooden closet, the noise making both El and Jenny flinch.

"You lie!"

"I don't lie! I protect and I feed and I teach. And all I ask of you is that you follow three simple rules. Three rules. And you know what? You can't even do that!"

Hopper turned and left the room, pacing the floor and trying to get his head together. "You're grounded. You know what that means?"

He opened the fridge and began throwing boxes onto the floor. "It means no Eggo's." Once he had finished emptying the fridge of Eggo's, he slammed the door. "And no TV for a week."

He was being far too harsh on the young girl, and Jenny was starting to get agitated.

"Dad, don't you think being screamed at was enough punishment?"

He simply ignored her, and stomped over to the TV. He tried to lift it up but couldn't, as the TV was stuck to the ground. He looked towards the small girl, her nosebleed being proof that this was her doing. El was looking back at him fearlessly, determined to keep her TV, the only thing that was keeping her sane while she was alone in the cabin.

"All right, knock it off. Let go."

El shook her head at him, shooting daggers with her eyes.

Hopper tried to lift the TV again, but to no avail. Jenny knew how badly El wanted to keep the TV, but her disobedience was only going to piss Hopper off more.