2

The pack house is in chaos, stench of blood with the hint of silver was pouring off from every direction that made everyone panic. They were looking at every corner of every room, even the ones that has been unused for a long time just to find the source of the smell. The size of the pack house didn't help them either, it is so big that you could mistaken it for a palace.

Nobody checked the attic though, it was long forgotten part of the pack house.

The Alpha's booming voice shook the ground "FIND THE GODDAMN SOURCE. NOW!" Ceros commanded.

Fear creeped up to everyone as the smell became stronger and more prominent as the time passes. Panic rose to Eleanor, the current Luna as she mind link her son, Xander. The future Alpha of the pack. 

"Where are you?" She asked, her voice trembling. "I'm at the school mom with everyone. Why?" Xander sensed his mother's panic and immediately walk away from his group of friends.

Morgan, his girlfriend frowned at his figure. "What wrong sis?" Her brother, Mitch asked with a smirk while pointing at his future Apha's tense back. "I don't know Mitch, go ask him." Morgan replied shrugging, she then returned her attention back to her friend Cleo who was talking about her new human toy.

 Axel on the other hand, the future beta knew that something was wrong, he felt it the moment they left the pack house. But he just shrugged it off blaming his wolf's uneasiness since he woke up this morning, he thought that his wolf just needed to go for a long run.

Xander's whole figure tensed the moment his mother told him the news. "Are you sure mom? Are you guys safe?" He link back to his mother with a panic. He knows that silver is dangerous to his kind, the knowledge was drilled to him since he was young. Now that the house smells like blood and silver made him panic.

It only means one thing. Hunters.

They are in danger. Hunters must've have come back or an attack from fellow pack but he doubt that, then there's from the rogues those filthy Wolves but they can't use silver. So it goes back to the Hunters, the only living thing aside from humans who san use silver without harming themselves.

"Yes son, I'm safe as well as everyone else. No one is injured and there's also no sign of hunters everywhere. But the smell of blood is very strong inside the house." Eleanor replied to her son, her voice trembling with fear. "Alright mom, we're going home." He informed his mother. "Be careful." His mother said before she closed the link.

He went back to his group of friends with rigid stance. He can't shake the feeling of dread creeping up inside him. "Let's go home." He informed his group of friends with finality leaving no room to argue. "Axel link everybody here to stay alert. And report to me immediately if something happened." He told Axel his most trusted friend and the possible Beta of the pack, in a clipped tone.

They all left the school without further explanation from Xander.

Mitch, Axel, Jackson, Caden, Morgan, Cleo and Claire, Xander's circle of friends exchanged looks of bewilderment as they followed Xander.

~

The moment they entered the pack house, the pungent smell of metallic blood and silver hit them like a tidal wave. And like others, panic swelled up at them as they scattered to help find the source of the smell.

They checked their own rooms, looking under the bed, inside their closet outside their windows, under their tables and even in their drawers but they still didn't find the source.

'Clock is ticking and Margaux is dying'.

After hours of searching all of them gathered in the conference room, each family has one representative to tell their Alpha that their family is safe and no one is missing. So eventually they stopped searching, but the smell still lingered strongly in the air.

After checking and making sure that each family is safe, they all retreated in their own rooms with fear at the back of their mind.

Xander though, feels like part of his soul is dying, he was about to climb the stairs when he felt the pain in his heart like someone's crushing it, he clutched his chest and fell to his knees. He howled in pain and clutched his chest harder that it draw blood. Panic shouts surrounded him but the pain inside him dulled his senses.

My mate. He thought. His mate might be in danger. But he's never met his mate yet. He must turn nineteen first before he'll be able to find or sense his mate and that's still in 23 days.

But she must be in great danger if he feels this way. The pain was slowly eating his heart, it feels like its been stabbed repeatedly, and he can feel it not functioning well.

He can feel her dying. And his soul dying with her.

He growled pouring all his pain in one growl, his furs coming out before he completely shifted and run towards the forest.

Morgan..... he thought.

'Tick-tock, she's not coming back'.

~

As if realizing something, one of Xander's friends thought of Margaux, how she was absent the whole time and the lack of her presence at the meeting. Dread creeped inside him, as he realized the worst.

It can't be. He thought. He dashed towards the direction of the attic, he can't help but feel that she's in danger.

As he got near the room the stench of blood became stronger, his heart was pounding like its gonna burst out of his chest at any moment. He took the stairs three at the time and when he reached the door, he saw it, the blood.

He immediately went for the knob twisting it like a madman as panic consumed his whole being, he cursed when the knob won't bulge. It's locked you idiot. He told himself.

He contemplated whether to kick open the door or to find the keys, but that will take time and Margaux needs help this instant. But the blood that he saw between the small gap of the door and the floor told him that he might hurt Margaux in doing so.

She's might just be on the other side of the door. He thought.

So he dashed to his room and went to his table, opening all his drawers looking for his own set of keys but it was not there so he went to his bed throwing his pillows, blanket and even his cushion but he didn't found it. "Fuck where is it." He said while rummaging his closet but it still not there. "Think, think, think, think." He keeps saying to himself while still throwing his clothes everywhere. He went to his bathroom that was connected to his room and there, he saw it. Laying on the floor, he immediately snatched it before dashing back in the attic.

He fumbled with the keys with trembling hands. He tried and tried and tried but he can't find the right key. He cursed when he dropped it.

"GODDAMN IT." He pulled his hair with both of his hands and kick the wall beside him.

"Calm down, calm down, calm down, calm down, calm down." He keeps muttering to himself as he pick up his set of keys. He took a deep breath before he look for the right one, he knew what particular key to use, he made sure to himself to always remember her key. But there was so many keys and him panicking didn't help either.

"Gotcha." He said when he found the right one. He was about to unlock the door when an earth shattering growl erupted below him.

"Fuck that was Xander." He said as he unlocked the door with trembling hands.

He pushed it open and the scene before him made him drop to his knees.

All he saw is blood everywhere. Her tiny room reeks off of blood.

And Margaux laying dead on the floor with a very familiar silver dagger buried deep inside her heart.

'Time's up. She's never waking up'.