9

"Are you sure this is the one?" a voice asked. "Yes." somebody answered gruffly. Through half lidded eyes and a delirious mind, I saw two figures standing at the foot of my bed, the light was dim so I couldn't see their faces. The silhouettes continued to talk but my mind won't process the words and my eyes started to drop. ".......the deal with a devil." That was just maybe my imagination but two red eyes stared back at me before it vanished along with my consciousness.

~~~~

Leean paced back and forth as he waited for his Alpha's return, he was worried about the girl's fate. She trespassed their territory and was accused as a spy by their enemies and they haunt her down to torture her. But they found out that she was a rogue base on her scent and she was beaten badly as he had seen her body crumpled, broken and bloody-almost lifeless on the ground. His anger flared at the wound on her chest, the sight of it made him want to protect the girl. Who did it to her? he thought. That man has be heartless, cruel, no evil. Why would anyone do that to her?

Leean stiffened when Aklan mind linked him that Ares, their Alpha already arrived.

~~~~

Ares was fuming as he watch the girl's body on the bed. His eyes turned into slits as Leean told him the girl's state when he found her. She's all skin and bones, her cheeks were hallow and bruised, her lips dry and busted, her collarbone is sticking out of her skin, the same as all her bones on her body. He feels sorry for the girl.

But he was an Alpha of one of the strongest pack and he has his own rules that he needs to uphold. With a heavy heart, he commanded Leean to take her out of their infirmary and take her to the dungeon.

Leean had no choice but to obey Ares. He gently lifted her body and she whimpered from the pain. Leean gritted his teeth and glared at Ares who was staring at them with emotionless eyes. He was doing it again, Leean thought as he passed Ares carrying the girl in his arms.

"I'm sorry." His Alpha muttered as they passed by him.

Ares watch as they disappear from his vision and ran his hand through his hair, anger and humiliation clouding him, anger for himself and on what he's done.

After the ambush 7 months ago, he became overprotective of his pack. He lost both of his wife and their unborn child. And base on the investigation they made, there were spies among his people. He did what he had to do and executed them publicly.

Ares sighed, rubbing his temples as he made his way to his room. They should not be fooled by the appearance, for all they know she could be one too.

~~~~

The moment they showed up with Xander it was then it happened, that's when chaos happened.

They heard shouts outside, cries of desperate people running from ruthless rouges who came from every directions but soon faded as rouges rip their lives away from them. The pack's warriors struggled to fight. These rouges were stronger than normal ones, their scents are not as pungent as the smell of decaying corps, the normal smell of rouges, but it was there.

Ceros, the current Alpha and Xander's father took immediate action and secured all the females and children who are inside the pack house to go to the basement followed by fellow female warriors to protect them if anything bad happened to them while they're outside fighting with the rouges. Eleanor, the Luna refused to go but her husband pleaded her to keep their only son safe with her, so she went with them with the unconscious Xander. But not before telling her husband to promised her that he will come back.

He did promise her. Their last words were "I promise you Eleanor, I will come back alive for you and for the pack." Ceros said looking into his beautiful wife's face, the face he fell inlove with, the only face worth dying for. Eleanor nodded tears running down her cheeks. Her husband leaned down and capture her lips with a kiss before sighing and turning his back to her and disappearing from her sight. The kiss was supposed to be reassuring but why did it feel like goodbye? She thought as she stared at the space where her husband disappeared.

Ceros never returned.  

They succeeded protecting the pack, the rouges retreated when they realized they're slowly losing the battle and are not going to win.

Not this time.

It was dawn when one of the warriors opened the door, his face clouded with grief as he led the females outside. Everyone knew what happened,  they felt the pain of losing their leader and Alpha, they felt it through the bond. They all grieved with the Luna. 

Eleanor was the last one to go out, the first thing she did was to look for her husband's body. The remaining warriors tried to stop her because they're still not done checking the territory for any remaining danger lurking in the shadows. But Eleanor ignored them and gave a threatening growl to anyone who tried to stop her.

Mitch and Axel followed their Luna silently, It's instinct that told them to protect the remaining leader of the pack from any danger. They followed not caring about their wounds from the battle. 

Eleanor knew where to go, the thin and fading pull of the mate bond she's desperately clinging too was her guide. Deep within the forest they went, they passed several bodies laying on the ground both from their own pack and rouges. The moment when she saw her mate's body was the moment she crumpled. She dropped to her knees, her mate's body in front of her and cried. 

His chest was wide open and his heart was missing. She closed her mate's lifeless eyes that's looking back at her but not seeing her, she did it with trembling hands. 

There was something inside his chest where his heart used to be. It was tiny, like a folded piece of paper and the only thing that doesn't have a speck blood on. Eleanor was about to reach for it when Mitch shout startled her. She did not comprehend what he said but her hand froze midway. Mitch rushed to his Luna's side and pushed her away. Eleanor growled at him but he covered her body with his as Axel lounged shifting midair and landing in a crouched position in front of them, growling threateningly.

A sound of giggling, a gust of wind, the sound of two feet running followed by the sadistic laughter.

And then there's silence.

A witch's work.

Eleanor pushed Mitch's body off of her and looked around. There was nothing.

Axel growled and shifted in his human form, not caring about his nudity. He was still growling when he look up and at girl sitting in the branch of a tall tree. Her appearance is no older than seven, but they knew otherwise. The girl giggled pointing at Cero's corps they followed the direction she pointed at and saw the piece of paper float from Cero's chest and slowly opened itself revealing the words that got their blood running cold.

'We will be back and we will kill you all'

The letter was suddenly consumed by red flames. Flames as red as blood before it exploded making them jump away from it, then Cero's body was slowly consuming by the flame too. Like a snake slithering it's way, the flame mocked them, It was the sign of their doom.

The little girl giggled, clutching her stomach from the laughter. They watch in horror as her laugh slowly faded into a sadistic smile. She stand smiling sadistically at them before waving and disappearing in the thin air.  

'The demon is no longer in your lands'

was the winds whisper to everyone.

~~~~

"I'll be waiting here my love."

"And I'll come back to you soon"

He smiled from a distance. My heart clenched at the sight of his pained smile, his figure slowly disappearing. My hands reached out for him, tears were running down my cheeks.

"Don't take too long" he said, his voice ringing inside my head.

"WAIT!" I shouted desperately.

"I love you, my queen."

"And I love you."

*****

 wew.