Feelings

It had been around a week since Cuphead and Mugman had burnt all the soul contracts, and everyone was back to normal again. Cagney no longer worried about anything, well, except for the Devil recovering and taking more souls or whatever. The two brothers were currently throwing a Frisbee back and forth, Cagney watched them with a small smile on his face. They looked so unlike the fearful, yet fierce brothers they were when they fought him, they were so happy instead. A stick fell behind Cagney, making him jump and turn his head, and he saw Blind Specter floating where the stick seemed to have been on a tree. He looked at Cagney with a straight face, which turned into a nervous smile. "You nearly scared me out of my petals!" He complained, then let out a sigh. "What are you doing here? Trying to pick more flowers?" Cagney asked, moving towards the ghost. For some odd reason, every time Cagney was near him, butterflies seemed to flutter in his stomach and chest, and he felt warmer than usual. " Actually, y-yeah.. This is the l-last time, I swear!" Specter (We'll just say that for now) almost begged Cagney, putting his hands together with the same nervous expression on his face, a small blush tinted his ghostly face. "Fine,  but just one more flower." Cagney sighed again, letting Specter pick one of the flowers from the huge cluster of them. He almost looked like he was searching for a certain one, before he pulled an orange flower from the others, his blush seeming to grow slightly darker. "T-thanks, Cagney." Specter stuttered, before dashing away. 'What is this feeling inside me whenever he's around?' Cagney asked himself, looking up towards the sky. 'Unless... Oh god..'