Chapter 2

Hello again, as you know I am Katniss. Before I had told you a little about me, know I will tell you about my first shift. That way you can carry on with the story. It all happened around 5 o'clock.

Well as you know, my first shift was at  6. When it was happening Ulrica had kept apologizing and whispering that it would hurt me to much. I was so confused, what would hurt me?

I had asked her but she didn't reply. I was scared until I heard it. A sickening crack filled the air, like when a bone breaks. I knew then something was off. A few more cracks later I fell onto the ground. My heart was racing a mile a minute and I didn't know how to slow it down.

I was about to scream for my dad but I started getting tickled. It felt like a million of cat whiskers were growing out of my skin which tickled me. I laughed and laughed until the laugh turned into a bark.

The surprising bark is what made me stop laughing. I looked around and my head seemed to be a little to heavy. I tried to get up but I fell back down. I was thinking GOD WHY DOES GRAVITY HATE ME SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.

I decided that I should try crawling yo the mirror to see what happened. Slowly but surely my feet were moving. I didn't know then but I didn't have feet I had paws.

When I got to the mirror I was astonished, I HAD SHIFTED!! I had to tell momma and daddy. But I needed to get out of my wolf form.

I decided to ask Ulrica and see if she would actually answer me.

Hey Ulrica can you tell me how to shift back?

Yeah. Of course, just imagine yourself as a human again. Your hair, skin, eyes, and etc.

Ok. Thanks U

Your welcome Rose

When I had shifted back it was seven o'clock so daddy and momma would be awake. I opened the door quietly, my slim figure could fit through the smallest place.

I walked down stairs, and smiled when I heard daddy's voice. I ran into the kitchen where him and momma were talking about breakfast.

"DADDY, MOMMA!! Guess what?!" I shouted as I ran Into the kitchen. Momma gave me a mean look while daddy smiled at me. He walked over and picked me up. I giggled when he tickled my stomach while telling him to stop.

"What's up baby?" Daddy asked me and went to sit down on a stool with me in his lap.

"I shifted!!" I blurted out while clapping my hands, "and it tickled." I sighed missing the feeling of my skin covered in fur.

"What?!" Momma screamed as she turned around from the stove.

"Yeah, I shifted this morning. It was so exciting." I answered using my big words since I was very smart according to daddy.

"That's wonderful baby, what was your fur color?" Daddy asked me.

" It was all black and the tail and hind legs were all smokey. It looked like I didn't have hind legs." I looked him in the eye.

Surprise fled through his eyes. "Heather she's the Shadow Wolf." He looked at momma who had her eyes wide open along with her mouth.

"Momma you are gonna catch flies." I said and closed her mouth before jumping off daddy lap and running to my room.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When I came down wearing my birthday outfit ^ I saw uncle John and Auntie Mary. I ran to them and gave them a quick hug.

They told me happy birthday before their expression s turned serious. Uncle John kissed my forehead before picking me up and walking to mommas room.

I was confused, and when I asked uncle he just turned his head and don't answer. I just shrugged my shoulder and waited for him to finish walking. When we got in mommas room he put me on the floor and apologized before close and locking the door. I was surprised at this action and turned around to see why I was locked in here.

When I faced the bed I saw momma and Auntie Mary walking to me.

"This is what you get for being different you little b*tch." Momma whispered before grabbing my hair and soaking my head into the wall.

I started crying and my head started spinning, "why, momma?" I asked and looked up.

"BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO BE NORMAL!!" She screamed and kicked me in the face. I felt the red warm liquid run down my face from nose and mouth. Aunty Mary smiled wickedly.

"I never liked you." She said sternly before punching me in the face. I was get TO g really dizzy and couldn't see straight.

"John, why are you on the floor? What's going on?"  I heard daddy say through the door.

"DADDY HELP ME!!!" I screamed and momma kicked me in the stomach. I screamed out in pain and rolled over. Aunty Mary and momma started hitting and punching me everywhere saying I shouldn't have called for daddy.

"Katniss?! Oh my god baby I am coming hold on!!" I heard a loud smack and a body hit the floor before the door was slammed open.

The punching and kicking stopped and when I looked up I saw both momma and Mary on the floor kneeling.

Daddy's eyes were bright red and his canines were extended. 

" What do you think you are doing to my baby?!" He growled making the women whimper. I felt so much power radiat off his body that it made me turn my stiff neck in surrender. The action made pain run through my neck and spine. I cried out making daddy look at me.

"Oh my god, Rose baby I am here." Daddy ran over to me, his eyes filled with tears.

"Hi daddy, I love you." I whispered thinking it will be the last time I said it.