章節 III

The story of the little mermaid was one of her favorite fairy tales, most people viewed it as a tragic story but she viewed as an act of bravery, much like a prince who would risk his life to save the princess, she saw the little mermaid giving up her life to forever love the prince and save him. The legend of Xiao Yi however she loved because of its mystery, a lonely immortal who lived in a high mountain in solitude,

As the car hit a bump Anya got startled out of her thoughts and looked outside the window, the driver as if reading her mind said that it would not be more than 20 more minutes, she smiled and stared getting lost in her thoughts again.

The car parked in front of a mansion that looked like it could have 4 floors and hundreds of acres surrounded with huge gates that opened as soon as she was climbing out of the car, Anya didn't know if this was the best idea but she sure was curious of the artifacts he collected even if it meant going into the isolated mansion of a mysterious millionaire, she sighed at the thought of putting it like that so this is either a love story or a horror novel either way she took a step forward to follow the driver to the front door.

Inside he was waiting for her, with dinner prepared, he had picked out very expensive wines from the cellar, he spent a couple of hours making sure everything was so organized it would be inches in the right direction and place. I guess you could say he was nervous, she wouldn't remember him.

He was terrified he felt a strange warmth in his arm and he breathed to calm down, maybe this wasn't the best idea but it was already done, never back out on a business proposal he said to himself and to stop the ongoing train of thoughts he counted the seconds to the minutes.

Yet instead he was out of sorts his mind drifted and he thought of a memory that seemed like a distant fantasy, he saw the cherry blossom trees, the wind blowing the flowers, seeming like it was raining blossoms, the distant sound of a fountain and a well heard flute, her face flashed before him as he woke up from his daydream with the sound of the door.

He stood up straight and soon saw the face that had flashed before him walking slowly behind his driver, with her head down and her hands behind her back, at this his lip moved an inch and he took a step forward.

- Delighted you could come Mrs. Lee

- Thank you for having me Mr. Yan

- I have prepared dinner, I thought you might be hungry.

She looked to a huge dining table, there was a small banquet set up for both of them, everything divided by courses salad, soup, main course, palette cleanser and dessert. It all looked and smelled so good, she was hungry after all. She took a step forward

- Yes, Thank You. It all looks so good

He smiled slightly as they took each other in a short moment of silence, She had beautiful black hair in a side braid with locks that framed her face and her face was smooth glowing beauty she didn't even know she radiated, her eyes were dark but he thought he had never seen such bright eyes, he would have to look away for fear of being blinded, that half smile she wore made her look shy but defiant, she was wearing a simple dress it was dark green with strappy sandels. He noticed this in a glance as he looked at her.

As they made their way to the table he held out a seat for her, giving her a personal glance at him without making it seem to obvious, she thought he was stunning, his features were defined, she noticed he had some gruff in his chin as he pulled out her chair in so she also got to smell his cologne it was strong in a good way it was perfect for him as he looked at her she saw his eyes, clear blue eyes she felt she saw the ocean in that moment and it almost pained her to look away. He suit and hairstyle were very neat much like him, he was the most courteous man she had ever met, he was like a diamond perfectly cut.

They had dinner, Anya was fairly shy, she did not have much of an appetite and her nerves got the better of her, she did however feel something strange as soon as she walked a strange feeling. Starting at her wrist she felt a tingle and in her fingers, she felt like something was tugging, of course this is including her usual nervous anxiety when she was with someone she rarely knew. But they still made small talk and got to know each other on a basic level, they both wanted to ask more but hesitated not wanting to overwhelm each other.

- So why did you become CEO?

- Well I liked business and working in a controlled environment

- But you also like anthropology

- I have an interest in only one legend

- Why is that?

- You may see for yourself

After dinner, he asked if she wanted to see the collection when she nodded a bit excited he took it as a yes and asked her to follow him. He lost track for a bit when he felt an almost familiar feeling from his fingers to his chest, like a tugging, but when he recovered his senses he led her to an elevator and she clearly looked nervous at this but felt an instant relief when she saw him waiting for her to step in with a look and smile that conveyed "trust me".

They went into the elevator and when the doors opened, they entered a steel locked door with a finger print lock and a password. As soon as they walked in, she took sight of everything it was like a museum but completed with artifacts she loved to study, paintings, scrolls, pottery, sculptures, there were even bonsai trees a small fountain and a small couch. She asked question after question, she went around like a kid in a candy shop, while he stood by biting back one question as hard as he could.

She looked at each piece but was attracted to a necklace gold with a jade in the middle, she slowly got closer. It was beautiful and familiar, she thought maybe she had seen it in an exhibit. She got closer, hearing a flute in the distance, then she touched it. She then remembered a dream she had sometime ago, she was wearing the necklace and playing the flute with a man she could never recognized, next to her smiling as another vision flashed where he put the necklace on her as she heard the echo of a voice It will protect you

She blinked confused for a solid 2 seconds before trying to get her boundaries back. But there was still a feeling she couldn't shake. She turned around to face the CEO as something in her hand almost tugged her that way. The man in the dream...looked exactly like him.