章節 IV

Finally she asked him one that he had been dreading

- How did you get all these things?

He flinched and thought about it. About telling her the truth, He needed to say it, It was killing him for the first time since he last saw her, he felt a sharp pain in his chest at the simple thought of upsetting her. But those eyes, He swears to the Dragon they can read his thoughts this very instant.

He cleared his throat and straightened up while he answered her

- Well here and there, I can be very persuasive you know

She continued to stare at him and he feels a tug of his hand as she steps forward but he backed half a step away, she tilts her head.

- Have we met before? By any chance, I feel like I've seen you before.

His heart lifts but crashes down. What is he supposed to answer? Another lie, Another stab but this time he swear he feels it.

- I don't think I recall

Her face falls a bit and he wish he could take it back the second he saw her face like that. He would give up eternal life just to make her smile once.

- I do however have a terrible memory so-umm who knows.

Her face lifted a bit but still remained neutral, she nods

- Maybe, I guess

He chuckles nervously and cracks a nervous smile

- Soo tea? I bet I can guess you're favorite

She giggles at this

- Of course

He goes on to make her tea and she scouts his bookcases. He makes a blend he hasn't made in years but thankfully he had the ingredients, maybe just maybe she'll remember. It told him that if the memory was strong enough and the tug was strong enough, she would remember. He finishes and puts a cherry blossom flower from his garden on the side of her teacup and makes his way to the coffee table but then has a better idea.

- Anya?

She pokes her hand in the kitchen and smiles shyly

- Yes?

- Do you mind if we drink this outside, I have a garden I think you would enjoy.

She smiles enthusiastically and nods

She felt a rush of adrenaline just hearing him breath, every move he made and every step he took, it seemed perfectly calculated, she went to the garden after a few wrong turns, to join him for tea.

One thing that she didn't understand was this strange feeling she got whenever she was far from him, she felt a pain in her wrist and a tugging like a string was attached to her finger and wrist and pulled her towards him. She got to the garden and was amazed, it was beautiful. It was like walking into some sort of ancient Chinese garden.

The cherry blossom trees surrounded most of the space in full bloom creating a shade adorned with flowers falling and sailing through the cool summer breeze, There were other trees that gave perfect shade with the only grass spots not covered by the flowers in the ground, There was a small stream had Koi fish of every color swimming which could be crossed by a small bridge, there were some fountains that decorated the stream and the air with the soothing sounds, it was a very big area but she also saw bamboo creating a beautiful barrier of sight that lead to a table with him sitting on it and two tea sets waiting. He sat in a table sipping tea, lifting his head up and motioning for her to come, like the sea she was pulled by a current to sit next to him and smile.

When she sat while he sipped tea and gazed around them not knowing which one should speak first for this moment seemed like a dream they would soon wake up to. Yet the first one to break the silence was him.

- What is empty may be filled, hence the saying that a void may conquer form

- Is that why you have this garden?

- Yes

- But if this is the conquered form, where is the void?

In front of me, he thought

- Did you try the tea? I'm fairly certain I made your favorite

- Care to bet

- Gladly

She smiled defiantly gaining confidence, he would never guess but she took a sip anyway, as she did. She felt another vision of a past dream, It was her in ancient times with him, drinking this very tea, then it changed and she saw the cup with a drop of blood sliding down the edge, then she sees him staring at her, with hopeful but concerned eyes, then she turns to the garden and images start to flood her vision as he left his chair and asks her if she's alright. He hears the man scream her name with desperation as she blacks out and falls onto the flower covered ground into a black void...