You can only fake it for so long

~Prinxiety~

TW: Self harm/Mental Breakdown

_____________________________

"Why the hell are you like this? You just sit there and sulk about everything. All you ever do is make Thomas anxious and pull him away from doing what he wants, why don't you make yourself useful for once?" Roman was flaring while speaking to the lump on the bed who made no move to pull the covers off, or moving in general.

"Did you just come in here to insult me and stress me out even more? Because if so, get out." Virgil didn't rise from his bedsheets when he spoke, he couldn't risk having Roman see that he was on edge of completely losing himself, his arms were still heavily bleeding under the blankets and he's trying so hard to keep it together.

"Pfft- Stress? What do you possibly stress about?" Virgil's breathing cut completely off when Roman said this. His eyes widened as hot tears brimmed them, making them sting, his bottom lip wobbled violently.

"Just . . . get out." Virgil responded weakly, a sob itching its way up his throat. He tried to constrict it, but it came out anyway, and he quickly coughed to disguise it. His hands covered his mouth firmly, trying not to let Roman hear any noise come from him. Surely he would make fun of him even more if he knew what Virgil was really like.

    Eventually, Roman had left, due to Virgil's silence. As soon as the door closed behind him, Virgil ripped the blanket off his head and swallowed down the rest of his cries and pulled his bedside drawer open, he quickly grabs the bottle of anti-depressants and pours a fair amount in his hand and dry swallows them, desperately wanting to sleep, but silently wishing to never wake up.

* * *

   Virgil hadn't come out of his room in the last two weeks, not even to 'bother' Thomas, which meant that the sides had to deal with him being completely reckless. Thomas tried summoning Virgil but it was no use, he never popped up like he usually did anymore. The last person that talked to the darker persona, was Roman and god was he regretting it.

   That day, when he was talking to Virgil, he had a lot of bent up frustration due to being constantly used throughout the day for Thomas' videos and other ideas, so he didn't exactly mean to snap at the younger, if he was being honest, he came to Virgil's room for comfort, to talk to someone who wasn't over dramatic about day to day things, just someone to confide in, but the only thing he ended up doing, was ruining his chances of actually having a relationship with Anxiety.

    To say Roman was worried, would be an understatement, he was genuinely panicking. But all the same, he was highly confused, why was he worried? Aren't they supposed to be mortal enemies? His thoughts were suddenly cut off by the sound of faint footsteps coming down the hall, he looked up to find the person he'd been wanting to see, but the other didn't seem as enthusiastic.