Tangled in the Great Escape

________
Word count: 5073
My gift of angst to you after being gone so long.
________  

    Thomas, and the rest of the sides were huddled together on a couch, quietly gnawing on snacks while the big screen played a cheesy 80's romance they were completely immersed in, zombified even. It was scary to Virgil, he couldn't sit still for that amount of time, watching the screen made him devour into multiple realities, he would be completely swallowed by it in a whole, he wouldn't be able to even leave his tiny confined space, not that he ever does but it would become extreme.

       Eating wasn't exactly on the to-do list on an everyday basis, most of the time he just forgets, truly. He only ever remembers when his stomach twists in agony at the smell of food. So he stayed behind instead of coming to movie night, expectedly, he was undeniably lonely in his room at the moment. And god, did he feel exhausted​. His mind basically turned upside down after this morning.
         Today wasn't what Virgil would call a good day, it was one of those days where you wake up, and the world is completely black and white, emotionless, but also very much emotional all the same. You could feel emptiness in the pit of your stomach, crawling under your skin, bubbling its way up to your mind and eating away at your thoughts, deteriorating them, making you sigh as soon as you wake.

        He went to try and talk to Roman about some issues he'd been having, since the two of them had shared​ some ​personal moments prior to the nostalgia video but the Prince had hurtfully brushed him off by saying that he was busy at the moment and was in, and I quote,​ no mood for negativity​. Virgil's anxiety spiked up immediately, ironic that his name counteracted with the thing that holds him back in life. ​
        What a joy to be him, right?​ It was similar to one of those breathing pains you get when one of your relative dies, or that breakup pang that hits you right in the core of your chest, or that sharp burn coursing through your stomach all the way up to your throat, replaced with a knot.

        You could say it stung a bit to actually hear his own thoughts come out of someone's mouth​ but could you blame him? They used to hate Virgil, shunned away from him like he was ​the very definition of a plague​. They had made up in a way -- or he had guessed that from the current few videos they had been making, they at the very least seemed to tolerate him. Patton had never changed his attitude towards him, but Virgil could never decipher it with him. He hides everything behind a cheery voice and a sweet smile. Which means its very hard to see anything real behind those sorrowful irises, a gentle gleam could be seen at times, and when Virgil did see it, he felt guilty, depressed even, because he knew Patton was more than hurting inside, but he was too much of a coward to go and confront him about it, or at least comfort the poor man.

         But it became quite clear to Virgil that he wasn't listening to him either when he tried to talk to him the same way he did with Roman, starting out with a pathetic, 'Hey. Can I talk to you about something?'
        In the moment, Patton seemed rushed, blazing through the house like a champ. He looked like a man on a mission, but what really stood out was the fact that he wasn't smiling, he wasn't doing anything but his tasks, it seemed like he blocked whatever he was feeling and locked it in a box in the back of his head.

"What can I do for you, Virgil?" Patton responded dully, like a robot almost, like he was programmed to say that whenever those previous words left Virgil's tongue. It was insulting in a way, it made him feel like a burden.

"Uh -- actually, I was probably just being overdramatic, it doesn't matter anymore." Patton hummed in response, like he was distracted. He turned away faster than Roman did.

"Yeah, okay." It wasn't even an acknowledgement, Patton knew what he had to deal with on a daily basis, and usually, he's the first one that comes running to help. Not so much now, The last person available in the commons were Logan.
        Now he wasn't Virge's first choice or his last to be completely honest, because Logan had a lot of difficulty understanding . . . Why. He was Logic, and Virgil expected him to not know how to deal with emotions or situations where emotions become way too much to handle. He knew that he had shown some sympathy at times, but he hates it, he hates anyone who dwells too much in said emotions, that's why he never tried to talk to him about anything, cause Logan would come up with some explanation that made sense in world form but in ​his​ head, he was telling him off.