Three

Four week time jump...

                                       #22jefferyatkins: Brought this pretty girl flowers 🌺 

                                                                         Tagged: evielicious

                                                                         Comments disabled...

Jeff Atkins was the purest soul I'd ever been around. He was kind, gentle, understanding, forgiving, loving, and so much more. We had always been friends but were never exceptionally close. Until a month ago, my time was primarily taken up by a certain asshole baseball player. Since I had more free time now, Jeff took that as his opportunity to swoop in. The first time he asked me to hang out, I thought he was just being nice and sensed that I was feeling lonely ever since losing my best friend.  The second time, I assumed that he must've had a good time with me and wanted to get to know me better. By the third time, I realized that maybe he was interested in me in a different way than I realized. Each time we hung out, he became more outgoing and flirtatious. It was weird but oddly refreshing for me to experience attention from a guy that wasn't just him trying to get me to have sex with him. Jeff hadn't made any moves on me other than simple pecks on the lips. I liked it. It was pure, it was innocent, and it was sweet. Sherri had Montgomery wrapped around her finger and Jeff had me wrapped around his. The days of people thinking Monty and I were end game were slowing coming to an end. As each day with Jeff passed by, I missed Monty less and less. I couldn't lie and say that I don't miss him at all but it wasn't painfully miserable anymore. Everyone was surprised at how compatible Jeff and I actually were together. We shared a lot of the same thoughts, opinions, and tastes in different things. I always had a smile on my face with him and I didn't have to worry about being called a bitch for stating my opinion. He was amazing but sometimes I did miss that fire that only Monty could light inside of me. I had a small flash of Monty's face go through my mind and one millisecond of a thought that what if we were supposed to be end game, whenever Jeff asked me to be his girlfriend.  I pushed it away though and said yes to Jeff and yes to the start of the rest of my life.

"How are you and Atkins?" Monty asked whenever he reached the lunch table. It was just the two of us there, which forced conversation to avoid awkwardness. "We're good. What about you and Sherri?" I asked while looking up from my food. It was the first time I had looked into his eyes in awhile and they were fiery, as usual. "We're good, great actually. She's got that good good if you know what I mean." He said with a smirk. I fake gagged and threw one of my grapes at him. We laughed together for the first time in what felt like forever. This is how our relationship used to be. Easy going and could talk about anything. Even stuff other people wouldn't wanna hear. "What about Jeff? Can he put down like me?" He smirked again. "First of all, shut up. Second of all, I wouldn't know." I responded with a shrug of my shoulders. "Wait, y'all haven't...?" He gasped with wide eyes. "Uh no, we haven't. Not everyone is sex crazed, Montgomery." I was getting a little defensive now. "Yeah but I know you Evie. And you, my friend, enjoy a good fucking. Or was that just with me?" "God Monty, shut up!" I interrupted him. He chuckled, knowing he defeated me. That was one of Monty's favorite past times; irritating me and getting me to snap. Even though it annoyed me, sometimes I greatly missed our banter back and forth. "Chill Eve, I'm just messing." He smiled that typical smooth, Montgomery De La Cruz smile. "I don't care, my sex life is none of your business." I snapped. "Or lack there of." He added just a second later. "I can't fucking stand you." I said while throwing my entire tray of grapes at him this time. All he did was laugh in response...that stupid, cocky, but extremely sexy laugh of his. "You need to get laid, babe." He chuckled. I growled in response and started picking more things up and throwing them at him. "Eve, Evie, come one Eve... Evelyn fucking quit!" He shouted as I continued throwing things at him. "God, you're more bitchy than usual. You on your period or something?" He said with a tone while picking up all of the food I had thrown at him. "No, I'm not. I just hate that you think you know me so well." I growled in response. I saw his  mouth moving in response but my mind blanked out so I couldn't hear what he was saying. His question caught me off guard. "Are you on your period or something?" No, but I'm supposed to be. I should've started two days ago. Two days isn't a big deal though, right? It hadn't happened to me before but I knew girls who skipped entire periods and they were fine. Did I jinx myself whenever I said that now would be the time that we fucked up? No. No, no, no. I'm not thinking about this. I'm not putting this on myself. "Evelyn!" I jumped at Monty's outburst and was knocked out of my thoughts. "You okay? You completely blanked out and it was kinda starting to scare me." He said with a worried chuckle. Once I came back to the real world, I realized that the rest of our group had joined us at the lunch table and were all staring at me. Jeff was next to me and he gently wrapped his arm around my waist. I leaned into Jeff and allowed him to kiss my forehead and greet me. I continued staring into Monty's eyes, trying to communicate with our eyes and not words. We had always been good about being able to do that and I hoped that he was gonna catch onto what I was saying. Number one, stop talking about my sex life with my boyfriend because it's pissing me off and number two, I will kill you if I don't start my period soon. "Oh, there they go talking with their eyes again." I heard Jessica say with a chuckle. I ignored it and kept on staring at Monty. He understood the first part and nodded his head with an apologetic smile. Whenever I didn't budge, he gave me a confused look that meant "What's going on? I can tell something is bothering you." It was taking longer than I hoped but I could tell that he was going to figure it out. "Stop eye fucking already." Bryce joked. Monty put his hand up to shut him up so that he could continue concentrating. A minute and several look exchanges later and Montgomery's face paled. He finally figured it out. "How long?" He asked. "Two days." I mumbled back. Everyone was staring at us but specifically Jeff and Sherri. "What are y'all talking about?" Jeff asked with his typical sweet voice and bright smile. "Nothing important." Monty answered before I had a chance to. I felt a little pang in my heart but ignored it. "Come on, Sherri. I wanna skip." He said while grabbing all of his stuff and pulling her along with him. "Oh, okay, babe. Bye guys." Sherri said with a soft voice before waving to all of us and trailing behind Monty. Everyone looked to me for answers on Monty's sudden attitude change but I shook my head. His actions hurt my feelings as much as I hated to admit it. To take my mind off of everything, I placed my hand on Jeff's knee and began lightly tracing circles. His presence was comforting to me and his touch was calming. I needed something to fix the stress that I was suddenly under right now and I knew a way that had always helped me in the past. Monty was right about one thing, I needed to get laid.

"Are you sure you're ready, baby?" Jeff whispered from his spot on top of me. I invited him over to my house since my parents were working late with naughty intentions. Little did I know that Jeff was actually ready to have sex himself and he was just trying to be respectful of me, thinking that I wanted to wait. Talking led to making out, making out led to foreplay, and now foreplay was leading to the home run that we both wanted to get to. I nodded my head at him and leaned up, reconnecting our lips. He ran his fingers through my hair and lightly nibbled on my lip. He reached down and made sure I was ready and then slowly pushed into me. It felt good and I let out a little sigh. After a few more soft and slow thrusts, he picked up speed and strength. I gently scratched down his back and moaned his name into his ear. He reached down and pulled my legs up, wrapping them around his waist so that he could go deeper into me. I was trying to enjoy it and I was to a certain extent but for some reason I wasn't getting the same eyes rolling to the back of my head feeling that I'm used to getting. A few minutes later, Jeff finished. I played it off like I did too because I didn't want to make him feel bad. He didn't do anything wrong, he actually was pretty damn good at it. My body was in it but it's like my mind and heart weren't. "Was that good for you, baby?" He asked as he was tossing the condom into the trash can. Something I wasn't used to using with Monty. I fake smiled at him and nodded my head. "Yeah, it was great, babe." I felt bad lying but a lie in this situation was okay, right? He smiled at me and leaned in, brushing my lips with his own. "You're amazing, Evie. Any guy would be lucky to have you and I'm so thankful that you chose me." He whispered after he pulled back from the kiss. "No, I'm the lucky one. You're too good for me, Jeff." I said which caused him to frown. "Don't ever say that, princess. You're amazing. We're perfect for each other and I know that we've only been together for a month but... I love you and I can see myself having a life with you." My eyes grew wide at his words and tears began to well up. I cared for Jeff deeply and he was an amazing guy and an even better boyfriend but I wasn't sure that I loved him yet. He could see himself building a life with me but whenever I repeated his words in my head, all I kept picturing was a baby that looked identical to Monty. Maybe this whole being late on my period thing was messing with my mind because I'd never had thoughts like that involving Montgomery. I was sure eventually I could love Jeff. What girl wouldn't? I hated myself for what I was about to do but I didn't want to hurt him and make him feel insecure in our relationship. "I love you too." I whispered with the best small smile I could muster. His eyes lit up and his smile was bright. I'd never felt so shitty in my life but I kept trying to convince myself that it was okay and saying "I love you" a little bit sooner than I feel it isn't the end of the world because I will feel it eventually.  He gave me a huge kiss and wrapped me in his arms. He was spooning me harder than I had ever been before but I still didn't feel safe or warm. I laid my head on his chest and it was equally as hard but not quite as broad as Monty's. I had laid my head on Jeff's chest hundreds of times now but this time felt different. He leaned down and kissed me again and I found myself noticing that his lips weren't as soft as Monty's and his were almost too plump whereas Montgomery's were the perfect size. He kissed different too and even though it was good, I couldn't help but to miss the way that Monty's lips melted into mine, the way he would nibble on my bottom lip, and the way he perfectly orchestrated his tongue to massage mine. I had never caught myself comparing Monty and Jeff so why was now any different? I rolled over in Jeff's arms, needing a little bit of space. He rested his head on top of mine and wrapped his arms around me and I placed my hand in his. He rubbed his thumb over the top of my hand in a soothing way. "I caught on to what you and Monty were talking about earlier, ya know. It's okay, baby. We'll figure it out." He whispered in my ear. I froze in surprise. How did he catch on? Why didn't he say anything sooner? And most importantly, how the hell was he not mad? "What are you talking about?" I whispered with a shaky voice. Jeff slightly chuckled before responding. "Montgomery is my best friend and has been for a long time. I can read him like a book, princess. His face got ghostly pale, you said something about two days, and then he got all pissy and wanted to leave. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am." He pulled me in tighter and gently rubbed his hand up and down my belly while talking. It was a really soothing feeling during a very nerve wracking conversation. "I'm sure everything is fine. Don't worry about it, baby." I whispered back. I didn't know who I was trying to convince more, him or me. "Well, if you are, you don't have to worry about losing me. We've got this, sweetheart." He whispered before kissing my cheek. I rolled back over in his arms and placed my hands on each side of his face while looking into his eyes. I could already feel my words from earlier becoming more true by the minute. "You are the most amazing person I've ever met Jeffery Atkins. I love you." I brought him in for a kiss as soon as I finished my sentence. This time, our lips melted together perfectly and I could feel meaning in my words.