Four

Please read authors note at the end of the chapter:

I heard a knock on the bathroom door at my house but I ignored it for the fourth time in a row. I didn't care that there was a party going on and I was hogging the bathroom. Five days ago was when I first realized that I was two days late on my period. I didn't think anything of it until both Monty and Jeff did. Montgomery had been very hostile towards me while Jeff had been nothing short of supportive and loving. I should've included him, hell, I should've included both of them but I hadn't even intended on doing this now. I was drunk and the thoughts started to fill my head to the point that I thought it was going to explode if I didn't do something to prove myself wrong. I knew God wanted me to do it whenever I found a pregnancy test hidden in the back cabinet in my bathroom. I had it there for whenever Jessica had a pregnancy scare but she ended up having her period as soon as she went to take the test, so she lucked out. I probably shouldn't have been drinking all night considering I knew good and well that there was a chance that I was pregnant but with every shot that I took, I convinced myself that I definitely wasn't pregnant so there was no harm done. Now I felt disgusted with myself. I continued staring at the test with shaky hands until I heard the bathroom lock being picked. I quickly hid it under my leg and tried to wipe my makeup stained face. Jeff walked in and gently shut the door behind him. We stared at each other and I couldn't hold back my emotions after looking into his beautiful and genuine eyes. I broke down and he quickly ran to my side, sitting down on the side of the bathtub with me and pulling me into him. "What's wrong, baby?" He asked worriedly. "You were right." I whispered while he simply nodded his head in response. He knew what I was talking about without me even having to explain. I was scared he was going to leave me and realize that he didn't sign up for this shit, we hadn't been together long so I would completely understand if he did. After lots of head and cheek kisses and being wrapped up in Jeff's protective arms, I calmed some. I removed the test from under my leg and threw it harder than I intended to on the counter. "I'm sorry." I whispered while placing my still shaking hand onto his knee. He got up from his spot next to me and my heart stopped. He was leaving. I was going to have to figure all of this out on my own. I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding once he got on his knees in front of me and placed both of his hands on the sides of my face. "You have nothing to be sorry for. We weren't together. It was an accident. I told you that I'm here for you no matter what and I still mean that. I love you, Eve. It's okay." He said in such a serious tone I had no choice but to believe him. I wasn't a weak person. Honestly, people would probably call me a bitch if they were asked to describe me in one word but apparently even a bitch can be broken by looking at a positive pregnancy test as a teenager.  Especially if it's by your ex friend with benefits. "What am I gonna do, Jeff? I... I don't think I can keep it." I whispered while looking down ashamed. He knew what I meant and just sighed in response. "You don't agree?" I asked surprised. "It's completely up to you, Evie. It's all your choice. I'm just saying that if you do choose to keep it, I'll be here and after it's all over with, I think you'd regret getting an abortion more than you'd regret keeping it." He responded with a shrug of his shoulders. "Don't say that." I unintentionally snapped. Jeff was the only person in my life that I'd never gone bitch Evelyn with and now here I was doing it to him too. He looked taken aback that I had snapped on him over something so small but quickly composed himself. "Okay, if that's what you want. Make the appointment and I'll take you." Whenever I started crying at his words, he pulled me in for a kiss. Whenever we pulled back, we rested our foreheads together. "It's the right thing to do, baby. I have to do it." "Okay, Evelyn. Whatever you want, baby girl."

I spent the majority of my Sunday alone, crying, curled up in bed, and stuffing my face with half baked flavor ice cream. Jeff left early in the morning after I reluctantly asked him to leave. I knew that he wanted to stay and be with me but I couldn't make him deal with the whirlwind of emotions that were bound to come over the next few days. I found out I'm pregnant and I'm planning on having an abortion, there was no way I was going to emotionally be okay. He didn't know this because we hadn't been together long and the topic hadn't come up but abortion was something that I had always said I wouldn't do because I knew that it would destroy me, no matter what the circumstance.  I was glad that my parents weren't going to be home from their weekend honey moon trip until early tomorrow morning. That way they wouldn't see me like this and question it and whenever I left in the morning to go to the clinic, they would just assume I was going to school. I sighed and rolled over whenever I heard my text tone go off what seemed like a hundred times in a row. I knew that it was probably either Jeff checking on me or Hannah and Jessica considering I had sent the two of them a group text telling them what was going on. Maybe even texts from all of them. I grabbed my phone off the side table and unhooked it from the charger. Sure enough, it was several texts from my two best friends'.