Reunion

I slowly regained feeling in my body as we ran. I couldn't do anything but stare at the man gently cradling me in his arms.

Eric just went against everything he knew to save a genetic impurity.

They came to a stop in a strange building. I could just barely register gun shots.

I had no shoes on and no protection other that Eric.

We were finally in another safe house. It was in a place I didn't recognize. He sat me down on a small cot. I didn't like it at all, I wanted to be up and around. I wanted to move. The muscles in my arms and legs were weak from lack of use and I would most likely fall if I tried.

Eric noticed me staring and he tensed. "Peter." he said. Peter turned around and in mid sentence shoved me into my brother. "I've got done business to attend to. Behave." he said not looking at me.
Peter laid me down on a cot and sat beside me. "I'm so sorry Pip." he said choking on his words. I sat up and hugged him feebly. "Shut up Peter James." I said smiling. I hated it when he cried.

  "Where am I?" I asked. "We're in the Factionless sector. "They actually have a leader. And some sort of a congregation going on." "are you being literal?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm supposed to let you clean up and then take you to meet her. Between you and me she acts a little stiff." I gave him a sideways stare. "Too soon." I said before getting up and weakly walking to a small bathroom. "This used to be part of Erudite but since everything's happened they blocked it off." peter said trying to make awkward conversation. "Oh yeah?" I asked.

"Enter Ms Hayes."

I walked into a makeshift office space, a woman with graying brown hair and sharp blue eyes greeted me. She was stiff and formal, she looked like she had done this meeting a thousand times. She told me the rules and that I would be on watch.

"Are you clear on the rules Ms Hayes?" the

I nodded and walked out of the office, right as I stepped out I spotted a familiar tall broad figure. 

I walked over to him expecting him to turn around and face me.

"Eric, please look at me." at the sound of my voice, he stiffened. he turned toward me and glared at me. his eyes were hard and icy like the first day I met him. he topped closer, eyes locked with mine.

"what do you want?" he asked teeth gritted. my eyes widened.

"If you're trying to scare me off Eric, you know as well as I do intimidation just makes me fight back." I said quirking an eyebrow. 

He stepped closer and got in my face, eye level, still glaring at me with disdain. "What do you want Piper?"

"I just wanted to talk to the man who saved my life, but you know what? I wish you would have left me." I growled at him

  I turned away and walked off as I felt tears run down my face. I hated that he could do this to me, he was the only one who could make me cry, he made me feel, and I hated it. it was so unfair the way he had me under his thumb. he made me feel a range of emotions and I made him feel nothing but disgust, over something that I couldn't control. I never asked to be divergent. in fact if I had the choice to give it up I would, its a huge fucking burden that could very well end my life.

    My thoughts shifted back and forth from Eric to contemplating jumping off the hub. I didn't sleep at all because every time I closed my eyes I saw myself back at the lab, in another painful experiment.