Chapter 26: The Final Results

"Worthington and Wazowski, to the starting line," Brock said.

Mike took off his hat and took a deep breath. He noticed Hardscrabble looking at him and the nerves kicked in a little.

"Hey. Don't worry about Hardscrabble. Don't worry about anyone else. Just go out there and show them what Mike Wazowski can do," Sulley assured.

Mike smiled and responded, "Thanks."

He felt someone tap his shoulder and he turned around to see Y/N.

"You got this, big bro. I believe in you," she said.

"Thanks, little sis," he returned.

They hugged then he approached the starting line beside Johnny. He took another deep breath and readied himself.

"Don't take the loss too hard. You never belonged here anyway," Johnny said quietly.

Mike put on a determined look and the horn went off. Both him and Johnny ran for the doors, looked at their files, and went in their rooms. They approached the beds quietly; Mike even remembered the move Frank (the monster who gave Mike the hat and Y/N the bracelet) did when he and Y/N were six. So he scratched the bedpost and hid behind a different part of the bed. Johnny roared and the scream almost got their canister filled.

"Amazing performance by Worthington!" Brock responded as Johnny walked out and the monsters screamed in approval.

"Johnny, you're my hero!" Chet cheered.

"ROR! ROR!" the half of the students that cheered for them chanted.

"The Oozmas will need a record-breaking Scare to win this," Claire explained.

Y/N was starting to get nervous. Sulley noticed and wrapped his arms around her; her response was to lean into him.

Meanwhile, Mike closed his eye and remembered what one of the kids from his first grade class, Johnny, and Hardscrabble told him. But then he remembered what Sulley and Y/N said.

"You both don't belong on a Scare Floor," the kid said.

"No one will remember you," Johnny remarked.

"You're not scary," Hardscrabble replied.

"Come on! Dig deep!" Sulley yelled.

"You got this, big bro. I believe in you," Y/N stated.

He opened his eye, jumped out, and roared ferociously. The child screamed and it filled the rest of the canister, declaring them the winners. Everyone cheered except the RORs.

"They did it!" Claire screamed and yanked Brock around until she pushed him down.

Mike came out, shocked that he actually won. His team ran up to him and held him in the air. Sulley put his hat on Mike's head.

"Yeah! Hey! We're in the Scare program! Yeah!" Sulley cheered.

"Come here, you son of a gun! Way to go!" Don exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Miss Squibbles added.

They hugged, but resulted in his tentacles getting stuck on her face.

"Oh! A little stuck. Pardon me there, Miss Squibbles," he said, getting them off.

"It's Sherrie," Miss Squibbles blushed, which he returned.

Mike was handed the trophy and yelled as he held it up, "We did it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You guys won the Scare Games! Or did you?