Chapter 5:La Topaze Cache De Vrais Sentiments

The world we know today had at one point been created by three gods. The first was said to be that of an angel of roots, the supreme and overall the most powerful of the three beings, the first god had sacrificed them self for the sake of the continuation of time itself. 

The second was quite the opposite of the first. If the first was an angel of roots, the second would be named as a devil of multicolor roots. Even though the second held lots of power, they never stood a chance to the first. The god had died after being tricked by their own sibling in the false promise of gain, as their greed had overseen their conscious.

And lastly, the third god held balance. They had been represented as the roots itself. Even though the first was said to hold the most power, it is still believed that the third had held the most potential. They had ended up perished at the hand of time itself, a slow, and lonesome end of their story.

All three gods were created and celebrated in the minds of the first people to walk on this world, only to be forgotten and slaughtered once the people had realized how useless they all were. What had they done to help them? What good did they do to society? For the most part, they only outlined that there was a need for rules to be made in the first place.

And so, their obsidian stones that their existence was held on were smashed and left to decay, to be forgotten for the good of humanity.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

As the former heiress awoke in her proper place, the new ruler had other plans, plans to finally greet his people. After looking in the mirror for an eternity, he had made sure to purge any specs of dirt or blood that may have once settled on his body. He looked back down at his dark lavish attire contrasting with his new topaz encrusted brooch, double checking that it was in compliments to his new complexion. Once all components had been checked off by his own standards, then once again double checked just to make sure, the doors opened when he gave the signal, as the remaining residents of the castle were sat at the table without him.

From the time it took for the guards to announce his arrival to the people to the time the doors had opened, any signs from the audience of eating without their ruler had been swiped quickly off of the table, or spat out from their mouths. Victor knew of their actions anyways,but he had felt rather merciful in that moment. His footsteps echoed down the room as his pale hands went to claim his rightful seat, however, he did not sit. Letting go of the seat, he straightened himself again and looked back to his people, making sure he had their attention, insuring only his voice would be heard without need for any sort of ice spell.

"Bonsoir, madams et monsieurs." He began, as his feet took him slowly to the back of his seat, hands clutching at the sides gently. "I will be happy to introduce myself, Victor Kiparis, as your new ruler. Furthermore, I hope that my sudden rebirth does not startle you." He gives his audience a patient humble smile before his eyes began wondering to Dimitri at the end of the room before he had quickly took his eyes off of it.

"I hope to guide you all with my best intents, and hold onto this crown for decades to come; in which case, I'm terribly afraid that some of the rules and ideals that the former ruler had established may have to be gutted in due time, but never to fear, they will all be removed with valid reasoning and debate. Ergo, with that out of the way, I would like to begin this afternoon's feast with a toast." He starts, as he leans over, taking the goblet on the table and holding it up, waiting for the rest of his people to repeat his actions.

"A toast to rebirth, and to the end of a long, meaningless era that will soon be put aside today." He finishes, people around the room then respond back with the clinks of toasting all around, all repeating with a "heart to your soul", however, Victor hadn't finished quite yet, as he walked to the person closest to him, and clinked his cup, he had actually begun small talk with him out of all things. And so on he went around the table with the intents to do the same to everyone in the room.

As he did, however, he drew closer and closer to Dimitri, there, Victor grew more concerned and almost disgusted with what he was looking at. He couldn't help but to ask one of the people at the table just why he had been there. "Ah, once our former queen's betrothed had...perished, she had such a weak, sorrowful heart at the time that she gathered powerful mages and doctors from across to make him new again..." the timid woman explained, gesturing to the surprisingly fresh looking corpse that lay in a glass coffin beside the king. "It has been so many years after that day however, and still he looks sleeping almost-" she says "And so she married him?" He asks as she nods in return "you can't have a queen without a king after all." He nods back "right you are, however, I would have to argue that the same goes the other way" He chides, then laughs at her nervous reaction of her thinking that he could ever possibly reference to the person he was speaking with.

In his head, everyone was egotistical, he thought to himself as he clutched his brooch. That woman had just been a joke of an example of his point. Therefore in his theory, in order to subdue his people back to a mindless sleep, he first must act like them.