Always & Forever

Author's Note: ((if you click on the banner picture above the title there are  photos of the dresses... in case you were having a hard time picturing them. I know I had a hard time describing them.))

||Kara and Lena have known each other for a few years and been together for 1 and a half||

"Will you stay?" Lena asked, already knowing the answer. Yet again her life had been put on the line. Yet again Supergirl had saved her. Kara Danvers had saved her.

"Always." Kara smiled, and gave Lena a soft, lingering kiss on the forehead, "and Forever."
That last part was quietly breathed against Lena's head, but she just managed to hear the whisper.

"Is this a marriage proposal?" She deadpanned, looking up at Kara and knowing the blonde could see how her brow had raised less than a millimeter because it was her who'd pointed out that it always does that when Lena's being witty.

"Do you want it to be?" Kara asked, her own eyebrow raising a little as she looked down at the raven-haired woman who was tucked so perfectly under her arm and had nuzzled into her side.

Lena tried to plan a sarcastic reply, something to cause a laugh to sprout from Kara - a sound she'll never get over, she thinks. Instead, her heart tells her mouth what to say and a simple 'yes' escapes her lips.

Kara frowned for a split second before a small smile fought its way onto her lips.

She slowly leaned forwards and connected those lips with Lena's. The kiss, whilst short, was slow and driven by love. When they pulled apart, it was Kara's turn to unintentionally mutter something.

"Will you marry me, Miss. Luthor." Kara asked. Her breath was a gentle breeze. It was warm against Lena's skin which was still chilled after the night's rather terrifying events.

Again, Lena thought of some sort of remark to make (she felt 'Please, Lena. 'Luthor' sounds so formal.' might be a good reference to make at this time). Nevertheless, another 'yes' absconded her. This time it was accompanied not by her prior deadly-serious expression but by one of relief and love and disbelief and solace. Her lip quivered a bit, and her eyebrows almost made her look like she was pleading but her eyes were wide and happy and Kara's were the same.

"I love you," Kara kissed her once more, and Lena's found it's way to the other woman's cheek. Kara's own hand snaked around to Lena's waist and she smiled into the kiss. Both of them did. They smiled giddy smiles and relished in the moment. "... so much. I'd give you a ring, but, um, I wasn't really planning this tonight."

"I love you too" Lena chuckled, as did her girlfriend- wait, no, fiancée.

Kara pecked her on the lips and then heard footsteps outside of their door.

"Food!" She exclaimed, having used X-ray vision to see the delivery guy on the other side. She leaped up with a huge smile and was at the door before the man could even lift his hand to knock.

"Kara, are we going to be Luthors or Danvers or Zor-Els or what?" Lena asked when Kara sat opposite her with the pizza and potstickers, already digging into one of the Noonan's boxes.
When Kara only responded with a moan of pleasure from the flavor of the food, Lena didn't complain.
They'd have plenty of time to discuss trivial matters later. For now, she could focus on the adorable dork now sitting cross-legged across the coffee table, eyes wide as she took in the variety of foodstuffs before her; the adorable dork who would be her wife.
This was all either of them would ever need, they thought simultaneously though without realizing.

...

The wedding day was chaotic to say the least. But then again, isn't that all part and parcel of a wedding?

Kara wore an elaborate dress, long and flowing with ruffles everywhere. It wouldn't look out of place in a fairy tale.

Meanwhile Lena wore a more simple dress. It was a jumpsuit, but with dress-like aspects. It's off the shoulder sleeves were ruffled, and had a different texture than that if the jumpsuit part. Coming down from the back and wrapping around the breast was an almost cape-like piece of fabric. That was the part which made it look like a dress. In fact, if you were looking from behind you might have thought that it was.

Kara's hair had been put up into a perfectly-messy bun at the back of her head, and Lena's was left down but curled and pulled over one shoulder.
They'd decided to get married in Midvale, under the stars. Seeing as that meant it would be dark, they each had fairy-lights woven into their hair and in their dresses. They looked like their own constellations, and it was surreal.

"I do. Always, and forever." Kara smiled, looking across at her beautiful bride.

"And do you, Lena Luthor, take Kara Danvers to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, to love and I cherish, always and forever?"

"I do." Lena said with a small nervous breath.

"By the power vested in my by the state, I now pronounce you married." The priest with kind eyes and a kind smile announced.

With that, the two women looked at each other with nothing but love in their eyes. They stood, for just a second, hands in one another's until somebody rudely interrupted.

"Are you going to kiss or just stare at each other for the rest of your lives?" Winn asked, rather loudly.

Lena shot him daggers with her eyes but as soon as Kara spluttered into laughter her glare softened. A few other people in the crowd laughed along whilst the others smiled softly.

"You're so beautiful." Lena whispered, moving a hand to cup Kara's cheek once she'd recovered from her laughter.

"So are you, Mrs. Luthor-Danvers." Kara smiled back and they leaned in and kissed one another. They kept it short and sweet, showing mercy to those watching, but couldn't help but smile broadly at the eruption of applause from all around them. They rested their foreheads together, and everyone stood from their seats.

"Standing ovation." Kara pointed out, and their foreheads separated.

"You're worth it, Kara." Lena smiled and they linked their fingers together if one hand, making their way back down the aisle together with huge smiles as everyone threw confetti at them.

Kara found Alex in the crowd and the redhead shot her a thumbs up and an encouraging nod. The proceeded to tip an entire cup of confetti on the blonde's head.

Lena laughed, but Kara knew that that was going to be a nightmare to get out so she playfully flared at her sister.