While The Hawk Is Away

When the door closed behind Mihawk you lowered your head and tears threaten to spill when you feel a hand on your shoulder.

"Don't cry (y/n) everything will be okay, I promise."

You smile up at the red head "I know, but Mihawk is the only person I have ever met that truly wants to make me happy. I love him, but that scares me as well. I have been in love before and gotten crushed."

Shanks places his hand on your head "I know that sometimes life can beat you down, but you can't keep thinking that everyone is the same."

"Ya your right, thank you Shanks"

Shanks smiles back at you "now let's go find some alcohol"

You sweatdrop "It's only 9AM"

"That means it's time for breakfast" his smile getting bigger.

You facepalm "Well how about I cook us something to eat instead and you can drink later?"

Shanks pouts "okay"

You go into the kitchen and pull out everything you will need for breakfast  and get to work. As you stand in front of the stove you start to sing.

Shanks sits at the little table the corner and listens to you.

You continue to sing till your done and when you turn to Shanks he's staring at you. "You have a very beautiful voice (y/n)." This makes you blush "Thanks"

"Mihawk is a lucky man you are sweet, beautiful and have a wonderful voice." This makes you blush darken. You let out a uncomfortable laugh.

"I met Mihawk by chance and he saved my life. I owe him everything."

"Is that why you stay with him, because he saved you?"

"No. From the time I woke up he has treated me unlike anyone else. He shows me care and tenderness. I don't see what he sees in me, but I believe his words."

"You should, that man never does anything he doesn't want to."

After breakfast you and Shanks go for a walk around the castle, but you feel a shooting pain in on your leg and almost collapse, you grab onto his arm to steady yourself.

"Are you okay (y/n)?"

"Ya I think I just need to rest. My leg hurts a little and it just gave out, but I'm okay. I'll be able to get the stiches out the day Mihawk comes home."

"Home huh?"

"What?"

"You smiled when you said home. You must really be happy here."

"I am, and it's crazy because I've only been here a few days, but am very comfortable."

Shanks helps you into the castle and takes you to the library since that's where you want to be. You sit in Mihawks chair with a book and get comfortable. The chair smells like him and before you can even open your book you close your eyes and drift off.

Shanks leaves you to go find something to drink thinking you would be fine.

You wake up about an hour later thinking Mihawk was with you since you felt so warm and take in his wonderful scent. Your eyes flutter open and you then notice that your alone.

Your eyes widden when you realize this and start to panic.

"Mihawk...Mihawk"

You get up and start running down the hall shouting.

"Mihawk where are you"

You start to cry thinking he left you. When your leg starts to burn from the pain you collapse and just lay there crying.