Expectations -vs- Reality

Later that night, Chanyeol went to Sehun room. He knocked on the door.
"Sehun, can I come in?"
Sehun opened the door and said, "Sure."
Chanyeol flopped on Sehun bed.
"So...you and Jihun, no longer a couple?"
"Yeah, we're not going to see each other anymore. We'll just remain friends.
"So you and Hajoon, you're having dinner tomorrow night. What's with that?"
"You're upset?"
"Well yeah! I wasn't expecting this."
"Do you think I was? I never thought I would see him again."
"But, he's here. Does that change our situation? Not too long ago you told me you loved me and that you wanted us to be together and now that he's here."

"What? Now that he's here, what?"
"Things have changed."
"So you think so? A frustrated Chanyeol asked.
"Well yeah, aren't the two of you having dinner together?"
"Yeah we are." Chanyeol was upset. He wanted Sehun to trust him. It was obvious to him that he didn't.

Chanyeol stood up, "I know I've done things to question your trust, but when I came to you and confessed my true feelings, I was sincere. I thought you believed me, especially after you ended things with Jihun. So why is your faith in me shaken now?"
Sehun didn't answer.
"I think maybe it's because you still don't  trust me."
Chanyeol started to leave and Sehun grabbed him by the arm. They both stood there, looking at each other, wondering if too much has happened to repair their relationship.

~The Next Day
Hajoon text Chanyeol the address of the restaurant he wanted to meet at. Chanyeol carefully picked out what he was wearing. He wanted to look good, but not look like he put much thought into it. He wore a navy blazer, jeans, a graphic tee, and the Air Jordan Flint.

When he arrived at the restaurant, it wasn't what he expected. He thought he would be at an upscale, expensive restaurant, not a mom and pop place.

Hajoon waved him over. Hajoon had on a pair of ripped jeans,  white tee, a black leather bomber jacket and a pair of loafers. Not at all what Chanyeol expected. He sat down and looked around. Hajoon looked around and said, "is this ok? Do you want to go somewhere else?"
"No it's fine. Just unexpected."
"So what, you thought I was going to try and get you back by impressing you with my money? I'm still the same Hajoon. I still love snowboarding, pizza, puzzles, and red bean shaved ice. I'm still allergic to cats and I still don't like brussel sprouts. I've grown more handsome, but that's about it."

Chanyeol couldn't help but to smile.
Shortly after they ordered, Chanyeol received a call from Sehun.
"I'm going to wash my hands. Take your call," Hajoon said.
Chanyeol answered the phone. When Hajoon returned Chanyeol spoke, "I'm sorry about that."
"I understand completely. If the person I wanted to be with was out with his first love, I would feel a little anxious and need some reassurance."

"So you wasn't upset?"

"No, not at all. I went to the bathroom so you wouldn't feel burdened."

"Really?"

For the next couple of hours, Hajoon and Chanyeol ate and drunk beer. Chanyeol was having a great time reminiscing. He forgotten how much fun Hajoon could be.

"It's getting late. I have an appointment with a real estate agent in the morning."

"So you're really back for good?"
Hajoon nodded.
Hajoon put a tipsy Chanyeol in the back seat of his car and got in. Hajoon had his driver take Chanyeol home.
Chanyeol dozed off into Hajoon lap. Hajoon pushed Chanyeol hair off his forehead. "I miss this."
The car came to a stop. "Chanyeol, we're here."
Chanyeol sat up and wiped the drool from the corner of his mouth.
Chanyeol got out the car and walked toward the door.
"I'll be seeing you soon," Hajoon yelled out the window.
Chanyeol waved and went in the house.
Hajoon driver spoke,"So that's Chanyeol."
"Yup, that's him, the man I love," Hajoon replied.