I will always love you

Chanyeol went straight to his room without saying a word. Xuimin knocked and entered.

"Did Hajoon get home and settled ok?"
Chanyeol looked up at Xuimin with a blank look on his face, "Yeah, he did."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Uh, I know why Hajoon left me. His dad said he would ruin my chances of debuting if Hajoon didn't leave me."
Xuimin sat down, "wow! After all this time, you finally know. Well, at least you have closure and you can put this all behind you."

"That's not all. He also said he still cares about me, that he never stopped.

Xuimin was speechless.

"Do you know after all these years, he hasn't dated anyone else?"

"So he's been waiting on you?" Sehun asked as he walked into the room.

Xuimin stood up, "I'll give you two some privacy." He patted Sehun on the shoulders as he left.
Sehun sat down next to Chanyeol. They both sat in silence for a few minutes before Chanyeol spoke.
"Are you upset with me?"
"Why would I be upset?"
"I was going to tell you. I just needed to gather my thoughts."

"I know. You've been nothing but honest with me through all of this. Why wouldn't I believe you now? But I guess this puts you in an awkward situation."

Sehun took Chanyeols hand, "you have to go where your heart is leading you. I hope it's leading you to me, but if it isn't, I want you to be happy with the person you love. As long as you're happy, I'll be ok. So don't feel burdened."

Chanyeol sighed. He really wished Sehun wasn't so generous, that he would get mad and say how unfair everything was. He wanted to ease his guilt, but with Sehun words, he felt even more guilty. Chanyeol stood up with his back turned to Sehun and said, "Sehun, you do know I care for you."

"I do, but"

"But I also care for Hajoon."
Those words hit Sehun hard. Sehun knew that, but he never heard Chanyeol say it. Sehun fought back tears.
"I'm sorry if that hurts you," Chanyeol turned and said to Sehun.

"I rather for you to be honest with me, that way, I will know what I'm facing."

"I'm going to leave I'm sure you would like to be alone with your thoughts," Sehun said as he barely managed a smile on his face.
"Sehun, I'm sorry."

Sehun left feeling as like he lost Chanyeol for good this time. He knew Chanyeol well. He knew Chanyeol had already made his mind up, he just had to accept his decision and move forward. Sehun wasn't expecting anything good. He knew his chances with Chanyeol were slim.

Chanyeol became more and more distant with Sehun over the next few days. When one day Chanyeol approached Sehun.
"Sehun, I've made my decision. Can we talk later tonight,"
Sehun mouth became dry. "Uh.. talk, tonight,.. sure."

"Let's talk over dinner and drinks at the Four Seasons. Is 9:00 fine with you?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll see you there at 9:00."
Later that night, a sadden Chanyeol sat down to pour his heart out. He knew this would be the hardest thing he would ever do. He knew he was going to cause him pain. but it had to be done. He loved someone else and it was time for him to move on.

"I don't want to drag this out. You have been nothing but good to me. But I love someone else. I always have. I never stopped. I never meant to hurt you. Wait, don't go please let me explain.
Sehun!