eight

After spending the day with Brandon, I couldn't get my mind off of him.

And it was terrible.

Aidan and I were hanging out at his house, and he was attempting to tell me a story, to which I continued to nod and hum in agreement to. But my mind was focused on one thing - Brandon.

"Okay Val, you're not even pretending to listen anymore," Aidan sighed. "You're just staring at your nails."

I finally look up at my friend. "I'm sorry," I tell him. "Just...a lot on my mind."

"And by a lot you mean Brandon."

"No, I do not mean Brandon!" I say, attempting to defend myself. Aidan laughed, shaking his head. "Valerie, we've been friends for 6 years now, and you're trying to lie to me?"

"I'm not lying," I mumble. "I can see right through you. Now tell me about this guy," Aidan says.

"He's just...I don't know. He's so sweet, and he's funny, and he knows exactly what he wants to do with his life. We were able to talk about everything when we met," I start. "I felt so comfortable with Brandon. I haven't felt like that in a long time."

Aidan smiles, "This guy sounds really great. Are you meeting up anytime soon?" I shrug in response. "Not sure. We both expressed that we wanted to, but we didn't really plan anything."

"You need to plan something! And soon," he points out. Before I can say anything, my phone dings, signaling a notification.

New message from brandon_arreaga: hey:)

‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ ‣ 

valerieliu: spent the day with this kid

tagged: aidanalexander

32,123 likes ∙ 201 comments

user1: he's so cute i'm in love

user2: k but this isn't brandon

aidanalexander: wOw i'm cute

aidanalexander: and also @brandon_arreaga don't worry i'm not stealing your girl 

user3: valerie who i'm here for aidan

brandon_arreaga: @aidanalexander you better not be stealing my girl 😤

aidanalexander is now following brandon_arreaga.

brandon_arreaga is now following aidanalexander.