Chapter 3

"They looked like you guys, but they weren't... You" We were all sitting on the couch and chairs in the living room as I explained. "They were the previous owners of this gauntlet" I said raising my hand.

"They hated the fact I was the next one to wear this thing, but their weapons are the ones you use now" I continued on. "It's the reason I can use them, while you can't use each other's"

"Actually that explains a lot" Jane said, a serious edge to her expression.

"They were angered and disappointed with the fact of me draining so much mana, as it nearly killed me" I was going to keep the fact of my own body forging me my own weapon, and that's the reason I needed so much mana.

It was at that point I heard loud banging from the door. "The hell" Kim said. We all turned to look. I got up from my position to go answer the door. I got closer to the door, slight hesitation in my steps. The door then broke in, wood splinters everywhere flying past me, one cutting my shirt that I was wearing.

I fell back, sword in hand. "SHIT!" I yelled. I jumped back up onto my feet, pulling my jacket out of my ring and putting it on. In the doorway revealed a man with short blond hair, and blue eyes. He had that of a slender face.

"My, my, my, what do we have here" The man said, he wore shimmering silver armor. That of a kings knight.

"What the hell do you want?" I yelled towards him. My sword in front of me in a defensive manner. I muttered under my breath the incantation for the sword skills.

"Well, what you might expect, to take you in. Killing... Six soldiers and four civilians" He said. Behind him were three more soldiers also having similar armor. "My name is Clark Reagis" he said while walking in.

"Now all of you come on out, I'd hate to destroy this little home of yours, and kill you in the process" He said in a cocky manner.

The rest and I slowly followed him out, giving me a better view of the other three soldiers, one had a dark skin tone, and black hair. Another was reptilian, and the last was female with red hair.

"If you really want something to blame, one of the townsfolk contacted us, after you all came in town" The reptilian said, elongating the s sound. His own speech pattern.

"We don't want to fight, but if even you try, we'll win and kill you here" The one called Clark said. His cockiness still apparent.

"We are going to die either way, so I'd rather try to fight to continue on my own life" I said pointing my sword towards him, while looking back and seeing the nod of the rest, in acknowledgement.

"So be it. Maybe even with that thing you might even be a challenge, but I wouldn't know about them" Clark said.

He dashed forward, even with the weight of the armor he moved quickly. The other three, went behind me and began fighting the group. I couldn't see what was going on, but I could hear the sounds of swords clashing, and the occasional shot from Penny.

I began to move keeping my defense up. Clark came in, slashing quickly with a short two-handed sword. I moved back, either dodging, or blocking each attack. Each hit of the swords clashing sent sparks in the air. "We didn't kill those people, you had renegade soldiers, willing to come in and kill me and my family to get these weapons" I said to him, still blocking.

He ignored my explanation, but he had a facial expression as if contemplating. He lost concentration in his movements, I took that advantage, and hit him with the blunt side of my sword to the head. Knocking him to the ground unconscious. "SAM!" I heard from Kim.

I looked back to see Penny, Jane, Grace, all passed out on the ground cuts all over their bodies. Then I saw Sam on her knees, sword driven through her chest blood dribbling out of her mouth. "DAMMIT!" I yelled. The black haired person a giant gash across his face was the one that drove his sword through.