Chapter 4

I woke up, a shortness in my breath, soaked in sweat. My body ached, pain jolting everytime I moved my body. I sat up on my bed, and lifted up my shirt, the scar from the cut was nearly gone but it seemed that it would stay. I chuckled wincing in pain, finally a scar for these troubles.

I saw that most of my color had returned. I got up dealing with all the pain, almost every breath knocking the wind out of me, and walked out to the living room, Sam still asleep but the pastry now gone, and little traces of it left on her lips.

Penny was up, pouring himself a cup of Vodka. "Give me a cup" I said towards him, not trying to wake up Sam. He pulled out a second cup and began to pour vodka into it, giving me the first cup.

"Am I wrong to say that I died yesterday, I felt the cut through my heart, and the cold and darkness that came along, then next thing I know I'm alive in my room this morning" He said after chugging his cup.

"Yeah it's true that you died, nearly all of us died, but I was able to revive you guys, but don't ever think I'll be able to do it again, I nearly died through doing that, by nearly draining all of my mana. I even destroyed my sword" I replied to him, slowly taking drinks of the vodka.

"Wait revival?" he paused pouring himself some orange juice mixing a little vodka into it. More of a breakfast mood now. "Isn't that supposed to be nearly impossible to do" He finished saying.

"From what I believe, it is possible, but only for a very small window after death, possibly that window only 15 minutes after death. Sam over there got lucky, the healing magic I performed on her earlier that day actually was the thing that brought her back" I said while pointing to Sam.

He chuckled. The way he acted he seemed to broken, I normally would never see him drink. I had a feeling all of them will act different after yesterday, and it will take some time to get more so back to normal. I kept back the information about Quentin, figuring it would end up better to know what to look for when we get to the library.

I sat back down in my chair."Penny go out and continue our road trip, we should leave before they come back" I said towards him ushering him out of the room. He took the Vodka bottle with him.

After he left I got up, taking the Master Ring. I created a doorway leading to a large stone room, in the middle a rectangle composed of dirt. I built immortal dummies in those piles of dirt. And immortal targets at the back of the room. Immortal meaning never being able to be destroyed.

After my mana transfer the size of the spatial room grew. Making use of this space was dire, especially with the need of training for all of them, myself included. They all needed some training, myself included. Just teaching them things out of the books wasn't enough they need actual practice, along with field training.

I began to put my finishing details into the room, basic wooden weapons that resemble their own, off onto a stand near the edge of the room. For Penny's case, I just made a basic pistol, that shoots pretty much paint-balls, along with a wooden dagger for close combat.

I walked out of the room, and put the master ring back in its place as the grandmother clock. I then walked over to the exit door, and opened it to make sure we were moving. I looked out to see that we were moving a slight shake to the cart, only from Penny being drunk.

I shut the door and walked back over to my seat to then begin to feel nauseous, I sat down feeling like all my energy has been taken away from me. My eyes began to feel like weights, slowly shutting on me. Mind going blank.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I woke up in that dreamscape again, with Sam looking over me. The five chairs in front of me still contained the rest, but in replace of myself, a flower laid atop his chair.