Keeping Secrets 5

• Dedicated to All my patient fans that waited:)

HEY GUYS!

dont hate meee. im sorry i havent uploaded soon. 

im such a bad person! :D

but here you go! just for you :)

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Jace's POV

Heat? I didn't even know men could go through heat. Though, I guess it would make sense since we were both men. Moon Goddess's way of making sure reproduction was still possible I guess.. I was so lost in thought it took me a minute to notice Kacey shifting around and looking down in embarrassment. I smiled at that. Cute.

"No need to be embarrassed, Kacey. Heat is normal. All mates have to deal with it." I said rubbing his back. I heard his purrs in delight immediately. 

"I don't want us to do anything right now. Nothing that's clouded by your heat, but I'll stay here with you while you get some rest if you would like. You look like you could use it," I said softly. He nodded tiredly and yawned. Again, cute. I continued to rub his head, shoulders, and back long after he passed out.

 I looked down at Kacey in regret. I regretted all the times I was mean to him. A jerk. An ass. He didn't even deserve to have me as a mate. I didn't even have a good excuse as to why I was an ass. I had feelings for him even when we were little and it had scared the shit out of me. I was taught to love girls not guys. I thought it was wrong, I was wrong.

I didn't think that I was right, and that's what scared me so much. The fact that I was a screw up. And by the time I figured out that it was acceptable in our pack for two guys to mate I was too far in the bullying.

I looked down at Kacey again and smiled. I guess I'll just have to make it up to him. I'll be the best mate that I could ever be.

I reached down and brushed my fingers across his cheek. He purred in his sleep and rubbed against me. Damn. He was responsive in his sleep too. Suddenly he started whimpering and groaning like he was in pain.

"Jace no! NO! DON'T LEAVE ME!" Shit he was having a nightmare. I reached down and grabbed him, pulling him into my arms.

"Hey, hey. shhh. It's okay Kacey I'm here." I murmured rubbing his back. I pulled him closer as he started to sob.  

"Hey, Kacey! Kacey! I'm here! It's okay Kace, shhh." Suddenly he jerked awake screaming "Jace!". He looked up and me and started sobbing harder, grabbing me and burying his face in my neck.

"Hey, hey, it's fine Kacey, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." I whispered kissing the top of his head while lightly rocking him. We sat there for I don't know how long, just savoring each others company.

"Jace...?"

"Yeah Kacey?"

"I'm hungry." He sniffled. I chuckled. 

"Why don't I get something for you to eat." I said starting to get up.

"NO JACE DON'T LEAVE ME!!"

"Hey! Calm down Little Kacey, I'm not leaving you. I'm going to get something for us to eat and then I'll be right back okay?" He sniffled and nodded. I smiled and kissed the top of his head. 

I headed downstairs in search of something edible. I didn't know I was hungry until Kacey had said he was hungry. Once I reached the kitchen, I sighed in relief when the only person in the kitchen was my mom.

"Jace why do you smell funny?" I froze.

"What?"

"Yeah, you smell like... Kacey... Don't tell me you've been bullying the poor boy." my mother said glaring at me.