Keeping Secrets 3

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Jace's POV

I don't know why I did that. I don't know why I've done pretty much all of the things I've done. I don't why I'm such a screwup that can't figure out his feelings. I growled at myself as I ran to the woods. 

I hate that I can't figure this out. Ever since Kacey came into my life I felt like the whole world flipped upside down. Before him I never questioned anything in my life, I was just a happy go lucky kid. Then he comes in and fucks with all my emotions. Immediately after meeting him I knew there was a connection between us, and the scared the fuck out of me. I was just a kid, I didn't know how to process what I was feeling.

So, instead of doing the smart thing, like consulting my parents or even becoming friends with him, I decided to push him away. I was, and still am, a dumbass. Kacey would be a perfect mate, and I've always known that. I just decided I would let my pride get in the way of our mutual happiness. I growled and kicked a tree in frustration. Fuck, that hurt. 

"What did that tree ever do to you?"

I growled and turned to look at my dad. "Not now, dad."

"No you're going to listen, and listen well. I know Kacey doesn't want me to have this conversation with you but what the hell else am I supposed to do? Watch my son make the stupidest decision in his life?" He grunted coming closer. I sighed and slid down a tree to sit on the ground putting my head in my hands.

"I don't know what I'm doing dad," I sighed. "I've always felt this connection with him and it absolutely scares the shit out of me. What the hell am I supposed to do?" I cried.

"Well, and I'm just tossing this out there, maybe rejecting your mate wasn't the right course of action." My dad said sarcastically tapping on his chin.

I laughed bitterly. "Don't you think I know that already?! I don't know what I'm doing. I can't even handle simple emotions, how the hell am I supposed to be a good mate, let alone the fucking alpha!" 

My dad sighed and sat down next to me. "Look, son, I know life can be hard, and confusing as hell. But, just know, so many people are here for you. I love you, your mother loves you. Becoming an alpha isn't something that happens overnight. Hell, becoming a good mate doesn't happen overnight either. Even your mother and I had a rough start to our relationship."

"Really?" I lifted my head to look incredulously at my father.

"Yes, really. When I met your mother I was already into my late twenties and in control of the pack. Your mother wanted nothing to do with me. She was insistent that she didn't need a mate to get through her life. You see, at that time she was a traveling musician, she didn't want to be tied down."

"A musician?? Why am I just learning about this now?" 

My dad laughed. "Sarah's not too proud of this story, she doesn't like how it makes her look. It's all in the past though, I love your mother and she loves me. She may have not wanted it in the beginning, but we are happier than ever together. It took a lot of work for us to get to how we are today. And that's what I want you to walk away knowing. Love doesn't just happen at the snap of your fingers. It takes work, heart, and soul. There will be good days, and there will most definitely be bad days, but you always have to remember. You're a team. It's not you versus him, it's you and him versus the world."

 I sighed and scratched my head. "I fucked up dad, didn't I?"

"Of course you did son, Kacey is a catch! He will make an exceptional Luna and we both know it."

I groaned and smacked my head down onto my knee. "Gee, thanks dad. Really encouraging."

He laughed at me patting me on the back. "I said you fucked up, not that you couldn't fix it. I told you, relationships take work. Now, you go back there, and you make it right with your mate, son."

I sighed and nodded, getting up off the ground. I reached a hand down and helped my dad up. He just patted me on the back with an encouraging grin and wandered off to do who knows. Knowing him, probably off to pester his mate. I sighed again and started my trek back to my mate to make right my mistakes. 

God I'm a dumbass.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Quarantine has killed my soul so much I decided to work on this story. This story was moving way too fast and I wanted to have a look into Jace and his feeling. My poor confused boy.

Last edited 4/23/2020