Keeping Secrets 9

Please feel free to vote and comment. I miss hearing from my readers ):

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Jace's POV

Later that day, my dad called me up to his office. Though it took some convincing on my part, I finally got Kacey to let me go without much of a fight. I left him taking a nap in the sunny spot on the bed. Such a cat.

"What's up, dad?" I asked allowing my eyes to roam around the office. I always enjoyed my fathers office. It felt so open and welcoming. I used to spend hours examining all the books along the wall behind his desk. My favorite past time as a kid by far though was playing by the patio doors and watching the pack warriors train in the field.

"Have a seat, son," My dad said gesturing to one of the chairs in front of his desk. I eyed him warily as I took a seat.

"I'm not in trouble, am I?" I asked wracking my brain to think of what I could have possibly done between this morning and now.

My dad chuckled. "No, this has nothing to do with you, actually. Well, technically. I mean maybe in a roundabout way but..."

"Oh my god dad, just get on with it! What's going on?"

"Well," My dad sighed. "The conversation we had this morning had me thinking about a situation that happened a while ago." My dad leaned forward in his chair resting his chin on his hands.

"A while ago multiple packs were anonymously contacted by letter, ours included."

"Wait... A letter? Why am I just hearing about this now?"

"Honestly, you were still young, this was about two or three years ago, and we had a conference about it but nothing came of it. But, now I fear I may know the true reason behind this letter, and it has me worried."

"Worried, about what? Seriously dad, just get on with it, what's going on!" I exclaimed. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. What could possibly have him this worried.

"Well, you see, before I had no worries but now knowing Kacey's true form, I fear he may be in trouble. This letter," He said pulling a piece of paper out of a folder, "Is a threat." He handed me the letter.

Greetings Pups,

I know one of your weakling packs must be hiding what I consider to be mine. I have some unfinished trash that I need to take out. Return it to me and no harm will follow you or your pack(s). The longer it takes for me to receive what I deserve the worse you fate becomes. I may be a cat, but my patience wears thin.

Signed,

Your Worst Nightmare

I snorted, "Pups? What power trip is this dick on? Even worse, Your Worst Nightmare? What the fuck?"

My dad chuckled, "Yes, the packs thought that was a bit over the top as well. But, son, this is no joke." My dad stated suddenly getting serious.

I frowned. "Well, what do you mean?"

"You notice he, and I'm just assuming gender here, mentions that he's a cat...."

"Yeah... Wait you don't mean... You think he's referring to Kacey??" I asked worriedly.

"That's where my concern lies, yes. I mean, think about it. Kacey was dumped here in the middle of the night, and his true identity was kept hidden so he was hard to trace. We've been very protective and I know he barely changes forms so there wasn't anyone to see what he truly was, until yesterday."

"Well, it was just the pack who saw him. Maybe, we can call a pack meeting and discuss the importance of keeping Kacey safe? I mean I'm sure they'll understand-" I was cut off by a knock at the door.

"Come in," My dad called. The door opened and we both turned to look.

"Alpha," Marcus the Beta said, "We have an issue. Someone went to the Council about the tiger yesterday, and they're on their way here!"

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

That's right ya'll, the book goes on! I've had some great ideas for this story can't wait for ya'll to let me know what you think!! 

Already working on the next chapter :D

Last edited 4/25/2020