Hot Chocolate

•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

The tree was finished rather quickly, as were the gingerbread houses we made. Chris had apparently purchased pre-made kits that all ready had the cookie pieces inside, which made things much easier. All the while, though, I remain cautious of the Christmas-loving male. The moment he turns his back, I plan to call the cops on the cellphone that's charging in my bedroom. I would be locking the door behind me, so he wouldn't be able to get in and stop me. I just need a few moments without him being near me.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Chris admires the work of art made out of gingerbread, candy, and frosting before gazing at my poorly made one. He giggles, which I take as an insult until he speaks. "Yours is so cute!"

Nearly, I blush at the compliment, but keep my goal in mind.

"Oh! Would you like some hot chocolate? I brought some from home."

Before I can answer, he walks over to a red backpack that sits by the door. He squats down and unzips the bag before rummaging through it. Here would be my chance. Before I can move, however, he turns back around with a smile on his face and two packets of hot chocolate mix and a bar of milk chocolate in his hand.

"Here we are." He stands up and wanders over to the section of the living space with counters that form the kitchen. It's connected to the living room, since the apartment is pretty small. I don't want to risk getting poisoned by the white-haired male, so I don't run to my room, while he prepares the hot drinks.

"This is my favorite brand. It tastes even better when you melt actual chocolate pieces into it," he says while boiling water for the drinks. My eyes stray from him for a moment to look outside the window. The rain had stopped falling, but the clouds still rule the sky. When I look back at Chris, I see that the hot chocolate is all ready in mugs that were in my cabinet. He cracks off small pieces of the chocolate bar and throws them into each cup before stirring it with a spoon to make sure it melts and mixes in.

"All done! Too bad you don't have any whipped cream and marshmallows, though. Oh, wait!" He goes over to his gingerbread house and plucks a few of the mini marshmallows he stuck to the roof of it before dropping three into his mug and three into mine. "Perfect!" Chris holds the mugs by the handles and brings one over to me. He too gazes at the window and sighs softly.

"The weather is pretty dreary, isn't it? Is that why the Christmas spirit isn't getting to you?" He asks me while tilting his head in a cute fashion. I shrug my shoulders and grab the mug he held out to me. I inhale the sweet scent of chocolate before taking a sip. It tastes fantastic.

"Thanks, it's really good."

He smiles, probably believing his methods were working. I take a seat on one of the cheap chairs I own, while Chris takes to sitting on the floor. There's a chair beside him, so maybe he prefers sitting there. I don't blame him; it's probably more comfortable.

"When the cookies are done, we should decorate the rest of the place, so it can look nice and Christmasy. I have plenty of decorations left for it," he suggests while enjoying his cup of coco. I nod my head and take another sip of the hot beverage. He had put cookies in the oven earlier before we started the gingerbread houses. The sweet smell of them instantly overtook the apartment, but I don't actually know what kind he's making. A beep suddenly resonates from oven timer, alerting us that the sweets are ready to come out. Chris jumps up in excitement, setting his mug on the floor.

"Yay, the cookies are done! I wasn't sure which ones you like, so I made a bunch," he mentions while slipping my black oven mitts over his hands. Chris then opens the oven door and pulls out two trays worth of cookies. Curiously, I stand up and set my mug on the floor, like he did, and approach him from behind. I look over his shoulder and see chocolate chip, sugar, and butter cookies.

"Wanna see a magic trick?" He asks excitedly. I raise a brow in uncertainty, but nod my head. With a light laugh escaping him, the "Christmas Spirit" claps his hands twice. Twinkling, white lights appear and float around his hands. He directs each light to land on each of the sugar cookies, which shrouds them in a white light. When the glow disappears, the cookies change shape into the form of Santas, Christmas trees, presents, and mistletoe. They are also now covered in colored frosting. I stare at the sweets with eyes wide with awe.

'How did he do that?!'

"Aren't they amazing!? I'm sure they're delicious!" He picks up one in the shape of a pine tree as if it wasn't fresh out of the oven. He brings it to my lips, ushering me to take a bite. "Here, try one."

I take the sugar cookie from him, so he wouldn't be the one feeding it to me. I take a small bite and am surprised to find it not that hot. My eyes widen as the taste of pure bliss dances on my tongue. I can even feel my cheeks heat up from the amazing flavor! The cookie doesn't last long, for it's devoured quickly. Chris smiles at this.

"See, I knew you had the Christmas spirit in you somewhere!" He pulls me into a tight embrace, making me jump in surprise. I would have pushed him off, but...don't make fun of me, but his body is so freaking cuddly, it's not even funny. I find myself hugging him back, though, I showed hesitance before doing so. The male pulls away to grab a chocolate chip cookie for himself.

"These have to be my favorite! I love chocolate, don't you?"

I nod and smile unintentionally while picking up a random cookie off one of the trays. Out of nowhere, Chris kisses my cheek. My face turns beet red when this happens, and I nearly drop the sweet.

"W-what was that for?!" I exclaim, while turning my head towards him. An innocent smile is shown on his soft lips.

"You picked up a mistletoe. That's the rules."

'Is he seriously that much of a child?'
I shake my head, ridding myself of the bright blush, while he laughs at my expression. He walks towards his mug of hot chocolate and picks it up before taking a sip.

"Your home is pretty cold," he notes while gazing around. "Don't get me wrong, I love the cold, but there's almost no difference from the outside."

"That's because I don't want my heating bill to go up," I explain. I own enough blankets to keep me warm, and I can always put my coat on if it's freezing. I don't have much money right now, so I want to keep my expenses down.

"But, Y/N, you could get sick." He looks at me with worry clear in his ice blue eyes. I wave him off

"It's fine, really. You shouldn't worry about it too much."

A frown appears on his lips as he sets his empty mug down.

"I'll be right back." Without another word, Chris hurries out the door to my apartment. I stand there for a moment, stupefied by the suddenness of his leave, but smile in relief.

"Finally, some peace and quiet."

After devouring the mistletoe cookie, I quickly put my coat on before heading out the door as well.