Cold December Night

•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

A puff of fog escapes my lips when my warm breath clashes with the frigid air of the outside. It has gotten a little warmer since yesterday, though. I walk towards the ledge of my apartment building and gaze down at the street below. It looks pretty far down from this height. I have a seat, my legs dangling off the edge as I grip my mug of hot chocolate tightly in my hands so that I don't drop it.

The warmth of the sweet drink radiates off the liquid, heating the cup and my hands nicely. Before you start jumping to conclusions, no, I'm not contemplating on jumping off and ending my life. This is the place I go to clear my head and relax. No one ever comes up here, so I'm never bothered. It's also quiet, aside from the sound of cars driving by every now and again.

I bring the beverage up to my lips and have a sip. The hot liquid runs down my throat and warms my insides. The sensation causes a smile to appear on my slightly chapped lips, however, it fades the moment a light gust of wind blows past me. I shiver and burry my face in my cozy scarf to escape the cutting cold. When the breeze fades, I lift my head out of my scarf and take another sip of my drink while looking out over the amazing view of the city I live in.

 As expected, the slightly warmer temperature and rain had melted quite a bit of the snow, forming that nasty, grey slush on the street and sidewalks

As expected, the slightly warmer temperature and rain had melted quite a bit of the snow, forming that nasty, grey slush on the street and sidewalks. If it gets cold again, icy roads can be expected. My gaze is captured by the decorations on and inside some of the buildings near mine. A lot of people are already prepared for the holidays, while some are putting decorations up now. I find myself admiring the pretty lights people hung in their windows until I catch sight of a familiar, white-haired male approaching the building with bags in his hands. I sigh softly.

'Looks like Chris is back. Maybe I should just hide up here for awhile longer.' The idea became useless after the man turned his gaze up towards me. He freezes, dropping his bags on the pavement and taking a few steps back. His blue eyes are wide and filled with fear and worry.

His head turns to look back and forth frantically to check if anyone is near only to find no one. The weather outside is pretty ugly. Barely anyone wants to be out in it. Chris then does something completely unexpected. He charges towards the building and jumps. He runs up the side of the building as if gravity doesn't apply to him.

This causes my eyes to widen in pure shock as he rapidly gets closer to me. When he reaches the top, he leaps into the air with a large gust of freezing-cold wind pushing him upwards. I yelp as I'm sent back, away from the ledge, from the powerful rush of air. My drink spills out over my coat, leaving the warm liquid to soak in wherever it could. I push myself to sit up and find Chris standing where I had previously sat with his arms crossed and eyes narrowed slightly in a serious manner.