Let it Snow

•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

I was glad to finally have a break after a hard day of work. Sadly, Chris appears to have other plans because the moment I was ready to leave the restaurant, he reminded me over and over that he wants to go ice skating with me. I groan as he swings my hand back and forth excitedly, while the Christmas Spirit skips beside me on the way to the bus stop.

"Do we really have to do this today? I'm too tired to deal with falling on the ice," I complain, wishing to go straight home rather than get on the bus that just pulled up in front of us. Chris did offer another carriage ride, but I really don't want that much attention drawn to us. Besides, it's cold out and snowing heavily. The freckled male doesn't hesitate to pull me into the vehicle, however, despite my distaste for getting on. I pay the fare before he seats us in the closest, vacant seats that are beside one another.

"You'll be fine. Trust me, it'll be fun! I'll even hold your hand, so you won't fall," the white-haired male bargains with a cheerful smile on his face that expresses his excitement. I can't help the heat that rose to my cheeks. Hopefully, he'll think it's from the freezing weather. I force myself to look away from his sparkling, blue eyes and sigh in defeat, knowing there is no way I'm getting out of this.

"Fine, but if I fall, I'm blaming you."

He laughs lightly, finding my words amusing. The ride was spent in silence, but I couldn't help but notice what a nightmare it is to ride on the bus. It had to be one of the most frightening places on Earth. So many people were coughing and gagging due to having either a cold or flu. The disgusting sounds were making me feel sick.

Anyone else, who appeared to be well health-wise, came off as creepy. I kept catching the guy sitting beside us staring at me, but he'd look away whenever we lock eyes. I move closer to Chris, who's starting out the window with a look that tells me he's daydreaming. I'm so close to the Christmas-loving male that our sides are touching. He snaps out of his thoughts to smile at me, but notices that the commotion going on in the vehicle is bothering me. With a small smile on his pale pink lips, Chris pulls out his phone from his coat pocket, and hands me an earbud.

I look up at him with a raised brow, but he gestures to his ear, telling me to put the device in mine. I nod and do as he says and am greeted by the song Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! covered by Michael Bublé. I smile slightly as he puts the other speaker in his ear before returning his gaze to the window. The snow is falling gently from the grey sky, which makes a lovely sight. Without removing his eyes from the snowflakes, Chris pats my head after I lean it against his shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll be there soon," he comforts in a sweet voice. I nod and try to avoid eye contact with everyone for the rest of the bus ride, putting my attention on the music that plays from the male's phone. I was probably the first to jump off that bus the moment we reached our stop and the doors opened. This was a good reminder to never take the bus alone unless you're the only person on it. Just when I thought I could relax, Chris takes me by the hand and races over to a large, indoor skating rink.

I go up to the front counter to rent a pair of skates for myself. Chris doesn't need rentals apparently, for he pulled out his own from thin air. Sometimes I forget he's magical. I take a seat beside him and put my skates on my feet before tying the laces. The Christmas Spirit gets done before me and stands up with grace.