Friend Date (Imagine #2)

*(Y/N) P.O.V.*

"So, (Y/N), who are you going to the dance with?" (Y/F/N) asked you at lunch.

"No one's asked me yet, and plus, dances aren't my thing. First off, I feel like an idiot in dresses. And second off, why would I waste a perfectly good Saturday in a stuffy gymnasium full of people I don't like? And there's always so much drama and at least five girls crying in the bathroom," you ranted. School dances really weren't your thing. You'd rather spend your Saturday evenings at the Lynches and having movie marathons with your best friend, Rocky.

"Sheesh, (Y/N), I was just wondering," (Y/F/N) chuckled. "Hey, why don't you go with Rocky?"

"No way, José," you immediately shot down. "He's Rocky Lynch, lead guitarist of R5. He can have any girl he wants, and I bet you a bunch of girls are throwing themselves at him as we speak."

"What about a bunch of girls?" the familiar voice popped up from behind you.

"Is that all you ever think about?" (Y/F/N) asked Rocky with slight disgust. Your best friend was a little girl-crazy, no denying.

"Is Ryan Gosling all you ever think about?" he retorted.

"Touché, man," (Y/F/N) laughed, holding her arms up in surrender. Rocky smiled and set his tray down next to you, mindlessly tossing his book bag onto the floor.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" Rocky asked as he took a big bite into his chicken sandwich.

"Nothi-" you started, but (Y/F/N) cut you off.

"(Y/N) was just saying how she doesn't want to go to the dance with you because a bunch of girls were probably already throwing themselves at you," she blurted out, while you tried your best to get her to shut up. If looks could kill, she'd already be six feet under.

"Is that so?" Rocky asked as he turned to look at you. You cursed the blush that had surfaced, hoping to god Rocky didn't notice.

"Well, n-no. Maybe," you stuttered. Why am I suddenly so nervous around him? "I guess I wouldn't want you to miss out on an opportunity to go with someone you like. I don't want you to pity my loneliness."

"Nonsense," he started. "Most of the girls in this school are fake anyway. Why not go together, what do you say?"

"Uhh..," you hummed nervously. (Y/F/N) elbowed you in the ribs, causing you to snap back into reality. "Sure, why not?"

"Cool, it's a date," he stated, surprising you, along with himself. "I-I meant like...a friend date, you know?"

"Yea, totally," you responded awkwardly. You turned your head away from him so he couldn't see your blush, and your eyes met with (Y/F/N)'s. She was smirking and quirking her eyebrows. "Knock it off," you mumbled to her, only causing her to giggle.

---

"(Y/N), come on! Rocky will be here soon!" your mom called to you as you stayed cooped up in your room. You were inspecting yourself in the floor length mirror in your room. You still didn't feel comfortable with yourself in a dress, but you'd only be with Rocky. You could be wearing a dirty shirt with holes and a pair of sweatpants, and he wouldn't blink twice.

"Fine, I'll be down soon!" you yelled back. You took in a deep breath, trying to calm yourself. Once you felt like you had gotten your nerves under control, the doorbell rang, erasing all of your progress. You heard your mother open the door.

"Hello, Rocky. You look handsome," she gushed.

"Thanks, Mrs. (Y/L/N). Where's (Y/N)?" you heard his voice.