Holiday Blues (Imagine #8)

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Everyone knows what Christmas is all about: spending quality time with the ones you love most. But completing that task is hard to do when the one you love most is across the globe.

That's right, Rocky won't be home for Christmas. I tried not to let it affect me, but it did. We had been together since the beginning of the year, and this would have been our first Christmas together. But with my luck, he was spending his Christmas in Europe on tour with one of his new clients. He owned a record company, and came with his new client to make sure everything would run smoothly on tour.

Dating a wealthy record producer was definitely a challenge. But nonetheless, I loved him.

There I sat, on Christmas Eve, in our shared apartment. Our French bulldog, Violet, laid by my side. We picked a "v" name to match the other Lynch pups.

She laid on my lap as I sat on the couch drinking hot cocoa. The Christmas tree was lit with beautiful amber lights that I set up myself.

This Christmas was going to be hard without him.

-Christmas Day-

Once I woke up, I brought Violet and I over to Mark and Stormie's home. Stormie called me that morning to tell me to come over, that I shouldn't spend Christmas alone. I reluctantly agreed, even though I wanted to curl into a ball and cry alone from missing Rocky. 

Violet sat in the passenger seat the whole ride there, sticking her head out the window to get some fresh air. I arrived, parking by the curb due to the mass amount of cars by the house. Violet and I jogged towards the door and I knocked loudly.

"Hi, it's so good to see you," I heard a female screech. It was Rydel. She instantly pulled me into a hug. I hugged back, letting the contact soothe me. I guess I really needed a hug. "How you holding up?" she asked once she pulled away.

"Not good," I sighed.

"He misses you, too," she said as she set a hand on my shoulder. "But now is not a time to be sad. It's Christmas, so let's go see the family."

I smiled at her attempt to cheer me up. She was always happy and it rubbed off on other people as well. I really liked her for that.

"Let's go," I said as we walked in. Violet ran into the living room to find the other dogs. Rydel and I made small talk as we walked towards the living room. When we reached the doorway, I saw the entire Lynch and Destjeor family scattered around the room. But when my eyes hovered over the Christmas tree, I thought I was dreaming.

Under the tree was Rocky, sporting a red Christmas bow on his shirt. He was playing with Violet as she excitedly jumped all around him. I guessed he sensed my presence, since he looked up not long after I entered the room. Our eyes locked, and I wanted to cry in relief. He was here.

"Hey, baby," he smiled as he stood up. I immediately ran into his arms, them locking around my waist. My hands landed wherever they could reach; one around his shoulders, and the other weaved into his bleached hair. I cried into the crook of his neck as we held each other. I hadn't seen him in over a month, on top of thinking I'd spend Christmas alone. I was beyond relieved to see him home. "I missed you, love."

"I missed you, too, Rocky," I sighed. My fingers ran through the roots of his hair out of instinct.

"I love you," he whispered into my ear, rubbing his large, warms hands up and down my back.

"I love you so much," I responded just as quiet. I was so absorbed in his presence that I didn't notice his family cheering and gushing over the sweet moment.

Some might say it was probably unhealthy to be so attached to him so soon, but I didn't give a shit. I was addicted to him, constantly craving his affection.

I pulled away from his grasp, smiling when he wiped my tears from my cheeks. He placed a sweet kiss on my lips, chasing away any loneliness I previously felt. I was so in love with this man, and I was ready to spend each and every Christmas with him.