Just a Prank (Imagine #12)

*Your P.O.V.*

"Delly, help me out here. I need to think of an idea for my next YouTube video," I whined to my best friend, also known as my boyfriend's sister.

"Why don't you do a prank on Rocky? It's been a minute," Rydel suggested as she laid sprawled out on the couch. I was laying on the floor, like a starfish, staring at the ceiling.

"Oh god," I chuckled. "Every time I do that I either start a prank war or he just hates me for the rest of the day."

"My brother could never hate you,
(Y/N)." Rydel interjected. "Now, what prank are we gonna pull off?"

"Don't you think this is a little overboard, Del?" I asked as she dabbed numerous shades of eyeshadow onto my neck.

"This is the only way you'll get him to react. He'd be suspicious about anything else," she reasoned. I guess she kind of had a point. Rocky isn't the kind of guy to easily fall for a prank.

"If I'm putting my relationship on the line, this better get so many fucking views," I joked. Rydel giggled as she smudged the colors all together with her fingertip.

"All done," she announced proudly. She stepped aside so I could see my reflection in the mirror.

"Holy shit, they look so real," I gasped. I sighed as I said, "I'm in big trouble."

"You got this, girl."

-Later that day-

Rocky had texted me that he was on his way home. I had set up a hidden camera on the kitchen counter and on the mantle above the fireplace, just in case. As I waited, I mentally prepared myself for what I was gonna say. As I paced the kitchen, I heard a key rattling to unlock the front door. I panicked slightly, deciding to fill a glass of water to seem occupied.

"Hey, babe! I'm home!" Rocky called out after I heard the front door swing open.

"In the kitchen!" I called back. My heart hammered in my chest, although I wasn't sure why I was so nervous. I was acting like I actually cheated on him.

He made his way into the kitchen, a wide smile on his face. I smiled back, approaching him to place a kiss on his lips.

"How was your day with Rydel, baby?" he asked as his hands snaked around my waist.

"Good," I answered vaguely, starting to get into character. He hadn't noticed the marks on my neck yet, due to my long hair draping over my shoulders.

"That's it?" he asked, knowing all too well it was never just "good". I always told him just about every detail, and he did the same.

"Yea, we just hung out. Same old, same old," I shrugged. He raised his eyebrow at my answer.

"Okaaaay..," he trailed off. "You alright?"

"I'm fine," I smiled reassuringly, placing a kiss on his lips to distract him. He reciprocated the kiss and his hands moved to cup my cheeks. When he pulled away, his eyes drifted past my neck. I saw him do a double take, withdrawing himself from me afterwards. "What's wrong, Rocky?" I asked, faking innocence.

"What the fuck is that?" he asked, trying to keep his voice firm. Although, I heard how his voice wavered in both anger and sadness.

"What's what?" I continued to play dumb.

"The fucking hickies on your neck! I know that wasn't me!" he began to raise his voice.

"Rocky, calm down. I probably just burned myself on something." I tried to place my hands on his shoulders to reassure him, but he wasn't having it. He swatted my hands away in an instant.

"That's complete and utter bullshit,
(Y/N)! You would've known if you'd burnt yourself," he continued to yell.

"Rocky-"

"Oh my god," he sighed heavily, rubbing his hands down his face in stress. "You're cheating on me."

After hearing the slight whimper in his voice, I wanted to take it all back. I wanted to tell him it was all a joke and kiss everything better. But I had to hold out for just a bit longer.

"Who was it?" he asked weakly, breaking me from my thoughts. I could see the tears pooling in his eyes.

"I-I can't say," I managed to reply. I only said that because I hadn't thought about who I was going to pin this on.

"Bullshit," he growled. "Well, whoever the fuck he is, he can have you cause I'm leaving!" Rocky stormed out of the kitchen, making his way up to our bedroom. My mouth hung in an "o" shape, staring at the camera as I soaked in all that just happened.

I decided to grab one of the cameras and a makeup wipe from the bathroom downstairs. I made my way up to our room with the camera in hand. I wanted to cry at the sight before me. Rocky had gotten one of his duffle bags out, but instead of packing, he broke down on the bed. His head hung in his hands as he cried. Never, in all the time that I'd known him, had I seen him cry like that. It made me feel like shit.

"Rock?" I called out softly, making my way into the room.

"What?" he growled, wiping his eyes vigorously.

"Baby, don't hate me, but look up," I directed. He brought his head out of his hands only to see my camera in my hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked. I handed him the makeup wipe.

"Just try and wipe it off," I told him as I turned the camera to face both of us. I moved my hair out of the way as he wiped at the "hickies". His shoulders slumped as he saw the splotches of eyeshadow on the cloth, leaving my neck spotless. He flopped back on the bed, sighing heavily.

"Are you mad?" I asked with a small chuckle, pointing the camera at him.

"Yes. You're an ass," he replied, his voice still slightly wavering. He rubbed his eyes to rid of any leftover tears.

"Aw, baby," I cooed. I set the camera on the nightstand before crawling over him. I straddled his lap and placed small kisses all over his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I love you so much."

"I love you, too," he sighed, tired from the amount of crying he did. "But I'm still mad."

"I'm sorry, honey, I won't do it again," I said against the skin of his cheek, slightly muffling my words.

"Yea, right," he scoffed with a smile on his face. "You've started a war, princess."

"(Y/N), one. Rocky, zero," I teased, pecking his lips. 

"I'll get you back," he swore.

"Sure you will, babe," I giggled, kissing him again. I eventually filmed an outro for the video, leaving me and Rocky with some privacy.

"I think you're gonna have to make it up to me," he smirked, his hands gravitating to my waist.

"Oh, please," I chuckled. "You just wanna rebuild your damaged ego cause I made you cry."

"Yea, so?" he laughed, flipping us over so he was on top of me. And I definitely made it up to him.

All. Damn. Night.