Stood Up (Imagine #14, Pt 1)

*Your P.O.V.*

Over an hour.

He's over an hour late. As I sat waiting, my cheeks darken in embarrassment with each empathetic look thrown my way. His drink sat watered down and untouched across from me, soaked in condensation. My date was supposed to meet me at this somewhat-fancy restaurant at six o'clock. I lifted my phone from my lap, the screen coming to life.

7:16

Not a single text, call, or voicemail was left. I set my phone back down, not daring to look up and meet the eyes of the other patrons. A guy I had been seeing, by the name of Aidan, was supposed to be there for what would've been our third date. Maybe he took a nap or something. Maybe he's stuck in traffic. Maybe he stopped caring.

Whatever the reason for his absence, I needed to stop overthinking. I also needed to get the fuck out of there before I died of embarrassment. I hadn't brought myself up to leaving because then, everyone would know that I've been stood up. It would be set in stone.

But then again, I couldn't be there all night. Tears started to surface as I went to reach for my bag hanging on my chair. But before I could grab my wallet to pay for two forgotten drinks, footsteps beside me caught my attention. I turned my head to my right, my eyes meeting with a very attractive stranger making his way over to me.

"I'm so sorry babe," he said as he took off his jacket, hanging it over the chair across from me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the man. "Traffic was awful and I'm so sorry I'm late. I promise it will never happen again."

He reached his hand toward me, and still in utter confusion, I took it. He stood me up and pulled me to his chest, hugging me delicately. I took note of the fact that his hands rested just beneath my shoulder blades in respect. I wrapped my arms around his neck, accepting his embrace. After the night I've had, I realized I really needed a hug. "My name is Rocky. Just go with it," he muttered in my ear, still holding me.

"(Y/N)," I whispered back. My eyes scanned the floor of the restaurant. I lost count of all of the mean looks this man was receiving unknowingly. Everyone thought he was my boyfriend, my late boyfriend to be exact.

That was the point of my confusion fading away. This stranger was pretending to be my boyfriend to save me the embarrassment of being stood up in front of all of these people. My heart grew in respect and gratefulness towards this man, who I had just learned the name of.

Rocky.

It was so unique, and so him. I could already tell.

He let go of our embrace, and I could finally get a good look at him. Short brown hair sat on top of his head. His eyes were brown and slightly lazy, which I found quite cute. He had a small but scruffy beard. He wore a black sweater with a grey stripe running across the width of his torso with black jeans and black, glossy dress shoes.

Damn, he's hot.

Rocky sat down, which I soon followed. He must've noticed the amount of people staring at him because he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "How long have you been here?" he asked curiously.

"Almost an hour and a half," I muttered.

"Damn, that's awful," he grimaced. "I came here with my family, but after seeing you sitting all alone, I had to come save you I guess. No one deserves to be treated that way."

"Thank you, Rocky. If only my date had that same mindset," I joked half-heartedly. He chuckled quietly, still an empathetic look on his face.

"Well, screw him. I'm here now, so why don't we make the best of it?" he offered.

"I would love that," I sighed in relief. He smiled genuinely, and I couldn't help but mirror his actions.

"Can I get you guys something to eat?" the young waitress appeared, sneaking a glare in Rocky's direction.

We ordered our food and she once again disappeared to the kitchen to turn in our ticket.

"So Rocky, tell me a little bit about you."

-Two Hours Later-

Oh my god. My abs hurt, my cheeks hurt, everything hurts from laughing so hard.

I don't even remember what we were laughing about, but whatever it was, it felt so good. I've never had a first date quite like this. He evoked so many emotions in me. We laughed, we cried, we talked about our pasts and our hopes for the future. I had learned that he was a goofy kid from Colorado who found a passion for playing the guitar and producing music. He had a band with his younger brother. He was a family man to put it lightly. He lived in a house with two out of four of his siblings, and their dog of course. He loved hockey and football. Overall, he was a loving goofball, which immediately drew me to him. I don't know why he chose to help me, but I'm not complaining one bit.

Aidan who?

"Oh my god," Rocky sighed, taking in a deep breath. He wiped his eye, catching a tear of laughter before it could fall. I sat there still giggling, trying to regain my composure. We had eventually calmed down, giving each other looks of disbelief and happiness.

He silently shook his head at me, a smile on his face.

"What is it?" I smiled, wanting to know what was on his mind.

"You're something else, (Y/N)," he murmured. "I've never experienced something like this before. It's kinda crazy, and it's hard to describe."

"I know what you mean, Rocky. It is pretty crazy," I smiled back at him.

"Yo, Rocky!" I heard a voice cut us off. I looked behind him to see a blonde man with similar features as him. He set a hand on Rocky's shoulder once he made his way to him. "We're heading out, bro. Me and Ryland are going home so you're gonna have to catch a ride with your lady friend," he smirked playfully.

"Shut up, Ross," Rocky laughed bashfully. He looked over at me to ask if that would be ok. I nodded his way and he smiled back at me. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

"Tight," Ross said. "Have fun, bro. Wear protection."

"Ross!" Rocky scolded him as he walked off with a triumphant smile. Rocky shook his head, his cheeks turning red slightly.

"So that's one of the brothers I assume," I giggled at his embarrassment.

"Of course," he laughed. "I'm sorry about him. You know how little brothers can be sometimes."

"Don't worry about it," I shrugged with a smile. "Did you wanna get going soon?"

"Yea sure, I'll get the bill," he offered.

"No you don't have to," I argued.

"(Y/N), come on. Everyone in here thinks I'm a shitty pretend boyfriend as is. Let me redeem myself, ok?" he joked.

"Ok," I laughed in response, seeing he kind of had a point.

Once the bill was paid, we grabbed our jackets and left the restaurant. We made our way over to my car, hopping in after I had unlocked it.

"So, where to?" I asked him, referring to the location of his house.

"How about your place?"

To Be Continued...