Chapter 4- The Problem

Abby's POV

Parang museum ang bahay ni Ayano sa Tokyo. Paintings are hang on walls. Sculptures are everywhere.
Pero ang pinakagusto kong display nya, ang collection nya ng Samurai. There are at least 10 samurai swords at the wall near his study room.

"Display lang ba yun o marunong ka talagang humawak?" Tinuro ko ang mga samurai.
"Don't insult me. I am a Japanese..."
"Half Japanese." I corrected him.
"I won't display it if I don't know how to use it." May confidence na sagot nito.

"Can we discuss Hana Yamamoto?" I asked him out of the blue.
"What do you want to discuss about her?" He asked back. Hindi yata natutulog tong si Ayano. Pagdating namin galing sa airport, diretso agad sa office dito sa bahay niya. Hindi naman sa inaantok ako, pero naman, hindi ba siya marunong magpahinga?

"Have you contact her?"
"No. Why will I do that? Ayaw ko nga siyang pakasalanan di ba?" Masungit na sagot nito.
"So you think siya ang nagpapadala sayo ng death threat?"
"You tell me. Trabaho mo yan." Walang lingo-lingon na sagot nito sa akin.
"Well Sir... Hindi si Hana ang nagpapadala ng death threat sayo kundi ang boyfriend niyang si Hiro Murakami." Nilapag ko sa table niya ang report kay Hiro. I have a satisfied smile plastered on my face.
"Ano naman ang kinalaman ko sa boyfriend niya. Dapat matuwa pa siya. I don't like to marry her girlfriend, so what's with the threat?!"
"Two things Ayano. You are disrespecting Hana by turning down your Grandfather's promise to her grandfather. And second, well because he is jealous that you were destined to marry his girlfriend."

He looked me like he didn't buy my explanation.

"That's pathetic explanation." He said.
"Hiro is a member of a Red Dragon Triads. An Heir if you consider his father's position in the organization." I told him. I got his attention now and he is looking at me intently.
"You want me to continue?" I asked him just to be sure if he wants to talk this shit this early.
"Go on." He replied.

I placed Hiro's picture in front of him.

"The organization cater for prostitution in South East Asia, Japan and South Korea. But, they have illegal market like guns, explosions, drugs and human trafficking at black market. Hiro met Hana at University of Tokyo. Not co-incidence mind you. He has his eyes for Hana before that but he never make a move until he became classmates with Hana at University."
"Go on Abby." Ayano told me. Looks like he is blinded by the situation.

"Hana is not innocent about Hiro's activity. She knew all of the crap about the organization. But her father don't. So when her father finally meets Hiro, he was intimidated by his tattoos and decided that he is not the best for his daughter. Before Hana's grandfather passed away, he told his son about the promised that your grandfather made to him. The marriage supposedly to your father, but Mr. Yamamoto had a son too so the promised marriage passed to you."

"That's bullshit." Ayano commented.
"Japanese were known to honour the words. So..." Nagkibit balikat ako.
Ano na naman kasing love story to?! So complicated.

"Hiro hired a gunman to kill you. Cause you know, when you are out of the picture, you can't disrespect Hana and at the same time you can't marry her." I told him what I found out. I just need to know who is the gunman.

Nasapo ni Ayano ang ulo niya.

"Hirap maging gwaping ano..." Pang-aasar ko dito.
"Kung ako sayo itulog mo muna yan. At huwag kang aalis ng wala ako. Saan nga pala ang kwarto ko? Yung kwartong katabi ng kwarto mo."

Tumuro si Ayano pataas. Malamang ako na lang ang maghahanap.

"Abby, what made you held on to your life?" Tanong ni Ayano sa akin na nagpahinto sa paglabas ko.
"Mag-isa ka na lang sa buhay di ba? Bakit hindi ka pa sumusuko?"

"Ako ba pinag-uusapana natin dito o ang sitwasyon mo?" Napaharap ako sa kanya. He just shrugged his shoulder.
"I held on because I don't have anywhere to go but to move forward. I need to be strong because weakness is not an option for me. I need to live because that's where I should be and you should too..."
He looked at me like this is the first time that he truly see me.
"My mission is to keep you alive. Until my last breath, I will protect you."

"Touché. I should be the one who's protecting a woman not the other way around." He said like he ate bitter gourd.
"Your ego can handle it." I said then left him alone in his study room.

I asked my comrade to check the house before our arrival so I know he is safe in here. I went upstairs to check my room. I set up my cpu and monitors at the table. Guns are near my bed.

My room looks like a nerd den. With all the monitors I installed. Even the TV, I convert it as a map that connected to US satellite. Not that US government should know.

I connected with the CCTV cam in the house so I can monitor everything. There, I saw Ayano drinking a brandy in this early morning inside his study table.

Hindi talaga lahat ng problema nasasagot ngpera, sa isip-isip ko.     

--------------------

A/N.
Ang saklap naman ng sitwasyon ni Ayano.