Chapter 2: Asta's Magic

Third Person POV

Going back in time, to a time where Asta, Yuno, and [Name] were at the age of five.

It was dark outside, and the little crybaby Yuno was tasked with the job of delivering a letter to the mayor by the Father. Now that Yuno had delivered the letter, he had to run back home, because it was snowing now, not to mention late.

While he was running, he tripped and fell into the snow. He got up quickly, and continued to run, but while he did, he came to a stop when a man was blocking his way.

Grumpy and drunk after being kicked out of a bar that didn't let him drink anymore, the man had his eye on the necklace Yuno wore around his neck to use for his own pocket money.

Now, Yuno being the little kid he was, being scared, a crybaby and weak-willed at the time, Yuno didn't use his magic to fight back, nor did he try to get his necklace back with more than just feeble words as he was already tearing up.

"That's mine... give it back..."

"A kid like you doesn't deserve something like this. Thanks for the pocket money, brat."

Yuno gulped, and in his palm, a small and weak breeze materialized, not having the courage to actually attack him.

At the sight of the weak breeze swirling in his palm, the man materialized his own magic in his palm, a flame.

"Do you want to have a fight with magic and die? Do you really think that you stand a chance against me with that weak magic?" Yuno flinched at his grin.

"Yuno!"

Something grabbed Yuno from behind, the back of his shirt, pulling him back and away from the man, while Asta ran at the man with Yuno's necklace and made a grab for it, jumping high, though the necklace was kept out of his grasp.

"What the-?"

"That belongs to Yuno! Give it back!" Asta demanded. The man raised a hand, as if to hit him, but before he could swing his arm down towards Asta, something hit the man, a dark mass, sending him flying back.

"Magic..?" Yuno's eyes widened, and from behind him, [Name], the one who pulled him back, stood with a hand outstretched.

"I thought you'd find my magic affinity scary, after I found out what it was," she said with a sigh in her voice. "I only found out last week. My control isn't the best right now. Yuno, when push comes to shove, then shove with all your might."

Yuno thought she was really cool then.

"But right now, can we go home!? It's cold out here!"

Though that moment was ruined when she started complaining about the cold.

"Come on, let's run! Asta, grab the necklace and let's go!"

"Uh, okay!" Asta ran over to the man, grabbing the necklace still in his hand, but the man's grip on the necklace was still strong. "Hey, [Name], it won't budge!"

"It won't what?"

"You brat!" The man got up, punching Asta away from him, making Asta let go of the necklace.

"I'M NOT DONE YET! GIVE THAT BACK TO YUNO!"

She deadpanned a bit, knowing that Asta was escalating this too fast. Look at him, getting smacked back once and suddenly screaming like an entitled parent.