Chapter 5: Magic Fanatic

"[Name]-KUUNNNNNNN!!!!"

They groaned. Said person flinched, in the middle of grabbing food for breakfast.

The door busted open. And there stood in all his robed- no, wait. Not robed. It was a random old man with an extremely pointed nose and sparkling eyes.

"Julius, your disguise," [Name] told him bluntly, already sighing. "I'm calling Marx," she muttered, reaching for the magic device that would alert Marx of her location; given to her so he could locate Julius fast. Because dammit, the man came back to their base every single day starting last week, in search of her and begging for even a glimpse of her magic. They were already done with it. [Name], swept away each time, just stopped calling him by his title by his insistence, and her exasperation.

"Oh! No, please don't call Marx!" Julius begged, throwing himself at her without undoing his transformation.

[Name] let out a little shriek at being grabbed by what looked like an old man. So she punched him in the face.

Finral sputtered.

Julius started wailing to Marx, who was the exact same person he didn't want to come and take him back.

[Name] called Marx with the communication device. "Marx-san, he's at the base and I just punched him," she drawled. "Come now. Please." She hung up, letting go of the button.

Charmy gave food to Julius, who, upon seeing the sheep, immediately grew excited and completely forgot how he just got reduced to tears by a 15-year old rookie, for all his years of experience and age.

At least the dude was strong. It meant he was okay with being blasted away by her. And that was basically magic training.

"If you're here to bug [Name] for magic," Vanessa called, "she has a mission."

"Oh, right! [Na-"

She was already gone.

"EH?!"

Ten minutes later, in the midst of Julius eating breakfast with them under the table to hide, Marx threw the doors open.

"LORD JULIUS! YOU CAN'T KEEP COMING TO BOTHER THE BLACK BULLS!"

. . .

Missions meant she could go to dungeons, fight on the front-lines on battlefields, or guard people or places. And everything else she may be hired or sent out for.

Farming. Since being raised in Hage, sure, she knew a thing or two about it, so she was good with this mission. But,

"Ugghhhh."

This single field she had to harvest was large enough to fit a major town in it! And why was she alone in this?

She wasn't. Her teammates for this mission were just forgetful, entitled, or MIA.

In this case, she was assuming the no-show was both entitled and MIA. Someone from the Crimson Lion didn't show up. This tanned woman wouldn't stop pestering her to join the Blue Roses, completely oblivious to the fields upon fields they would have to harvest. That [Name] was doing, alone.