Chapter 5: Mission... Failed?

"Forward now!" Marcel shouted. We all got into action and sprinted after him.

I ran alongside Brock so I could ask him the most important question I forgot to ask before. "What's the mission exactly?"

Brock looked at me for a split second before returning his vision to Marcel and the field around us. "We have to-" Brock ducked behind a woodpile just as a bullet flew past him, "Holy shit."

"Brock," I whined while next to him.

"Ok the mission is to make-"

"Move move move!" Marcel shot out at me and Brock. We sprinted to another cover point just in time. One of the enemies threw a paint grenade right where we were.

"Don't stay at the same cover point for more than 10 seconds or you will get blown up. Got it?" Marcel scolded firmly.

"Yes Sir!" We shouted back.

He turned back around and started yelling for Daithi and Lui to "move their lazy asses."

Brock faced me and pointed to the next cover point ahead. "Let's go!" We ran over to the next cover point faster than the previous one.

"The objective is to make it to the end without getting shot and 'killed'. Everyone has to make it for us to be successful," Brock spoke quickly and alert.

"Move Brock! Jon!" Lui shouted towards us and we dove to the next cover zone. The grenade exploded soon after.

"Thanks," I said.

Lui looked at me and gave a cheeky grin, "Don't mention it."

I rolled my eyes and got a move on to the next objective.

"Shit! My leg! Help!" Brian shouted from a little ways behind us.

"Focking Brian," Daithi groaned and ran over to help him. "For focks sake!" Daithi screamed out. "Some piece of shit shot my arm!"

Marcel remained unfazed. "Find cover! We will come for you in a little. Stay close to each other!" He shouted back towards them before turning to us three not injured. "Lui and Brock will go get Brian and bring him back here. Me and Jonathan will go get Daithi. Stay close to each other and remember to take it slow. Only go if your certain. Watch for mines. Move out!"

Marcel touched my shoulder and pointed towards two barrels conveniently placed. I nodded my head and we sprinted over to the barrels, shots barely missing our ankles.

I smiled at Marcel, happy we made it, but he remained emotionless. I returned to a serious state when we heard Brock yell out to us.

"We got Brian but Daithi is shot pretty close to his chest, might end up being a fatal shot!"

Marcel took a deep breath and mumbled "Dammit" quietly. "Let's go Jonathan," He said sprinting towards the next cover spot; a bush.

I followed in tow as quickly as I could so we could get Daithi and get out of there.

"Keep moving!" Marcel shouted out to the others.

"Yes Sir!" Lui yelled back.

Marcel gave the go and we sprinted to the cover spot Daithi was hiding by.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it," Daithi mumbled out holding his shoulder.

"Shut up Nogla, lets just get you out of here," Marcel replied putting Nogla over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Focking Brian gets me shot every focking time man," Daithi mumbled to no one in particular. Neither me or Marcel said anything in return.

"Cover, one o'clock. The wood panel." I spotted. Marcel looked and nodded at me.