Chapter 2 : Hotel Chaos

There were five Cardinal Alphas on this continent.

They were over centuries-old and known to be one of the most powerful beings alive on this earth.

These five Alphas happened to rule rather large expanses of land across the states and other Alphas weaker than them.

They were the head honcho.

The Alpha of Alphas.

And Maya had her eye on a certain Cardinal Alpha to implement in her plans for the blood ritual.

She had never met the Cardinal Alpha herself, but she had heard plenty of him from rumors and stories in the past.

They called him the Southern Lord.

The Cardinal Alpha Xavier Thaeos.

He was said to be more beast than man.

Lethal.

Deadly.

Cruel.

Ruthless.

Brutal.

Corrosive.

That's just to name a few things said to be associated with him.

He was said to kill with or without reason. 

And any who stood in his way lost their lives beneath his majestic feet with no remains for burial or closure.

They said no one was worthy to stand by him. Even his true mate was terrified of the Cardinal Alpha and that was why she never showed up all of these years. Or perhaps, he had killed her himself because he didn't want anything tying him down, especially a weak female.

Almost all of the people he ruled feared him like the plague.

They even told bedtime stories about Alpha Xavier Thaeos to scare their children—young or old—from doing bad things.

And it worked.

Xavier Thaeos was what nightmares were made of.

He was a living nightmare come to life.

Living over 1000 years and ruling after he killed his own blood father and brothers with his bare hands—claws.

What was there not to like about him?

In fact, he sounded like just the man she was looking for.

One of the best candidates if she had to say so herself.

Who else could do the job as well as Alpha Xavier Thaeos?

A rather malicious smirk colored Maya's lips.

She straightened the black vest of her staff uniform, carefully tucking a loose strand of hair back into place.

Her pretty red hair was no longer visible. Instead, in its place was an inky black color that shimmered under the yellow lighting of the dark hotel hallway that she walked. It was meticulously formed into a neat and sleek bun usually seen on the female staff in this hotel.

The short heels that she wore clicked with every step of her feet along the marble floors, resounding inside of the seemingly empty halls.

Maya tipped her head upwards, walked straight to the elevator stationed at the far end, hit the button once, and waited.

Although her face was completely calm and pulled into a decent smile of sorts, she was extremely anxious on the inside.

Maya had planned everything down to the specific details before taking action, because she disliked failure. She was not a person to walk muddle-headed into a situation without back up plans.