Chapter Seven

After a night of celebrating his third win, Stetson and I drove to his hotel. He packed up his things then checked out. While we were driving to my place, I felt that he had moved out of the hotel for a good reason.

"And here we were." I said as he parked in front of my apartment. Stetson grabbed his stuff then we headed up the stairs to the door. I quietly opened the door, thinking that Alice would be sleeping. To my surprise, she was wide awake, reading a magazine on the couch in her robe. "Oh, hey Al. This is my friend, Stetson. Stetson, this is my best friend, Alice."Stetson cleared his throat. "I mean boyfriend." I looked back and he nodded.

"Hello there, Alice. Nice to meet ya." Alice got off the couch and walked towards Stetson. They shook hands then she came over to me and whispered into my ear,

"Way to go girl! Just be careful now." I smiled then led Stetson into my bedroom.

"And here's my bedroom. You mind sleeping with me? Or, I can sleep on the couch." Stetson just laughed as I tried to arrange where we were going to sleep. He set his suitcase in a corner.

He hugged me and murmured, "We can sleep together. And...We've done it before." I looked up at him and began to laugh at my own foolishness. "I need to tell you something though..." He sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to him, signaling for me to sit next to him. His smile was no longer visible.

"What's up?" I asked as I leaned into his shoulder. He put his arm around me and rubbed my arm.

"Well, tomorrow night, I am flying down to Texas for a local rodeo there, since Pool A will be over up here." He sighed, "I promise I'll be back for Showdown Sunday." He kissed my head. "Promise."

"Will you call me? Every night? And tell me how you did?" I looked up at him. He pulled me closer to him.

"Every chance I get." He smiled then got up. "Now I gotta get some sleep. My last day's tomorrow." He hung up his stetson on my door handle then walked back and sat on the edge of my bed. He slipped off his boots and set them by his suitcase. "Hey, where's your bathroom?"

"Uh...down the hall and to your right." He headed out of the room. I waited until I heard the bathroom door click shut, and then I slid my pyjamas on. I slid into bed when I heard the click of the door opening and the light switch. His padded feet softly made their way down the hall, getting closer and closer. I pretended to be sleeping by the time he got to the room. He shut off the light and crawled into bed next to me.

"Goodnight Sweetheart." He kissed my cheek then laid down under the covers. He brought me closer to him until there was no space between us.