Chapter 2-Telling the Kids

Lucy POV:

"Mommy!"

"Mom!"

"Hey kids missed me."I smiled at them

"Mom! Look! Look! Look! I drew this picture of us! See I drew me, Luke, you, and daddy! One big happy family" She cheesed so hard.

What am I going to tell them...how am I going to tell them...when am I going to tell them!?

"Mommy are you okay?"Nashi asked

"Yeah mommy is okay sweetie. Now lets get in the car and go home."

When I got home I called Levy. It rung a few times before she picked up.

"Hey Lucy!"

"Hey Levy..."

"Lucy? Are you okay. You sound down."

I locked my bedroom door. "N-no" My voice started cracking

"Lucy! What's wrong tell me!"

"Natsu, he-he cheated on me !"

"He what!"

"I came home and saw him in bed with another woman."

"Oooh my gosh! I can not believe him! That jerk! You guys have kids together. Have you told them yet?"

"No how could I? This so hard for me, I h-

I heard my door trying to be opened.

"Mom! Me and Nashi are hungry!" Luke said while struggling to open the locked door.

"I'll call you later Levy , I have to go make dinner for the kids"

"Ok, well get better Lu! I love you"

"I love you too".

I wiped a tear that had suddenly fallen down my cheek before I unlocked the bedroom door and headed downstairs with Luke following behind. "So what do you guys want?"

"I want spaghetti!" Nashi said

"Yuck! I don't want worms for dinner I want burgers!"Luke argued.

"Welll you guys better agree on something, because we're not having both."

"Spaghetti!"

"Burgers!"

"Spaghetti!" Nashi stomped

"I. SAID. BURGERS!" Luke got in Nashi's face.

"Okay okay, since you too clearly can't decide. Lets just go out to eat !"

"Yayyyy!" They cheered.

"Okay, get in the car you guys!" 

"LAST ONE THERE IS A ROTTEN EGG!" Luke yelled.

We started racing to the car but of course I let them win.

"Moms a rotten egg! Moms a rotten egg! Moms a rotten egg!" They chanted.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, now put your seat belts on."
I pulled out the drive way and headed towards a restaurant.  We soon had arrived and waited to be seated.

"How Many?" The host in front of me said.

"Three" I firmly smiled.

"Okay right this way ma'ma. Your waiter will be Susan and she'll be right with you."

"Thank you"

Our waitress Susan soon came. "Hi my name is Susan, I will be your waitress tonight, can I get you started with any drinks?"

"Can I have chocolate milk! Nashi said

" Me too!"said Luke

"And I'll take a pink...lemonade"

"Okay, I'll have those right out" She said giving us a grin.

Pink lemonade....I remember in high school when Natsu first took me out on a date; he got a plain old fashion lemonade to match my hair and I had got pink lemonade to match his. Then after that whenever we went on dates that's what we would get.

No Lucy, it is not the time and place to remember memories right now.

Susan came and put our drinks on the table."Okay hereee you guys go and I'll be back to take your orders."

"Mmmm" Nashi said as she took a sip of her milk.

"Stop making noises while drinking!" Luke nagged.

"It's good! I-" Nashi had suddenly gasped without finishing her sentence.

"What is it Nashi?" I asked.

She got up from her seat and ran off. "Daddy! Daddy!"

Luke ran off too. "Dad!"

Dad...?I got up from my seat to chase after them. There I saw Natsu sitting at a booth with the same girl from earlier. I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

"Daddy who is this lady? Your Granny?" Nashi questioned him.

"Nooo Nashi, she's just a friend."

Friend my ass...

"Oh..."She looked at the short white hair female and said "...Your kind of ugly"

Natsu was about to reply to Nashi's rude comment but I interrupted. 

"You are such an bad example for our kids!" I hissed. "Lets go kids."

"Lucy wait!" I didn't stop .

"Mommy who was with Daddy. And why isn't he coming with us."

"Mom..." I looked to turn to a confused Luke who might of had an idea what was going on.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"Who was with dad?" He asked. I hesitated for a bit.

"I-um...we'll talk about it at home." I said.

When we arrived home I told the kids to sit down on the couch.
 "How should I put this" I thought.

"Kids...mommy and daddy will...um...

Shit.

...will be getting a divorce"

Oh fuck. Maybe it was too early to say something. Maybe I should have said it in a better way.

Luke clearly knew what that meant because he put his head down, his hair covering his eyes, but Nashi didn't.

"What's a devorce...a da-davorce...diverse?"Nashi said confusingly trying to figure out how to pronounce the word divorce.

"Well it means-"I was cut off.

"It means mom and dad hate each other and will no longer be together!" Luke got up and ran stomping up the stairs.

"Luke!" I could tell he already reached his room because he slammed the door and I heard a little click sound to the door knob.

"Mommy...is this true? You and Daddy hate each other?" The little girl asked so innocently. 

"No baby, daddy did something bad and he broke his vow , so mommy is going to divorce daddy." This is so hard to explain!

"So...no more big happy family" She pouted.

"We are, we are. It's just not with daddy"

"There is no happy family without daddy!" She started to cry.

"Nashi" I hugged her close and started to cry myself.