Chapter Eight

Monday's third period, In their biology class, Principal Weatherbee walked into the classroom with Sheriff  Keller by his side making everyone in the room wonder why the two men were interrupting their lesson.

Suddenly the redheaded Blossom girl stood up making everyone frown in confusion.

"You're here for me, Aren't you ?" Cheryl asked "Because of the autopsy"

The students eyes went from Cheryl to the two men standing in the front.

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl" Principal Weatherbee informed.

"It's all right, Principal Weatherbee. They'll find out soon enough" The redhead said holding out her arms to the Sheriff so he could handcuff her.

"That won't be necessary" The Sheriff told the girl.

"Wait, Cheryl ?" Veronica was the one to voice everyone's thought. "Know what ?"

"That I am guilty" She answered.

Madylin and Jughead glanced at each other in pure shock, the same as everyone else in the room. What did the red head mean by 'I am guilty' ?

A few minutes later, no one really paid attention to the lesson anymore. Everyone wondered what really happened back on the forth of July.

Once the class was over, everyone rushed outside to see what happened to Cheryl. Madylin and Jughead were the first one to leave the class followed shortly after by Betty, Veronica and Kevin.

"What do you think happened ?" She whispered to her raven haired best friend next to her.

"We'll just have to find out" He answered.

Once they were standing a few feet away from the principal's office, they watched as Cheryl's parents rush their daughter out of the school.

Jughead and Madylin noticed their ginger friend standing next to his locker.

"Do you know what happened ?" Maddie was the one to ask.

"They said Jason didn't die on the fourth of July" Archie informed "He died a week later"

-

" It still doesn't make sense" The brunette said throwing the newpaper she  was reading on the table.

"Yeah, well that's what the autopsy says" He mom told her as she finished cooking their dinner.

"How did she even get these informations ?"

"Honey, This is Alice Cooper we're talking about" He mom laughed "She'll always find a way to get what she wants"

Jennifer Gracewood and Alice Cooper went to the same High School back in the days, along with everyone else, Fred Andrews used to be her best friend along with Archie's mother.

"Was she like this too, In high school I mean ?"

"She was a bit different" She shrugged "We used to be great friends"

"Then what happened ?" The brunette asked curiously.

"Life happened, she just pushed everyone away and became what she is now" Her mother answered but she knew that there was something else she isn't telling her.

"What about FP ?" She asked once more "Were you friends too? with Jug's father ?"

The brunette watched as her mother's facial expression changed but she couldn't exactly describe what it was, but one thing for sure she did tense up at the question.