Chapter Nine

After what happened in the lockers room, Maddie didn't feel like leaving Veronica on her own, and Veronica was more than pleased. The two decided to go to the Lodge's house to do their homework together.

"Stop looking at that" Maddie said once more.

Veronica has been scrolling down on her phone, reading every single comment they wrote on the picture Chuck shared.

"This one says 'Who ordered the nasty girl ? Not me" the Lodge girls read out loud "And this one, Go back to NYC you nasty doe'"

Maddie felt more annoyed as she watched her friend read those awful comments, she leaned forward and snatched the phone from Veronica's hands.

"We both know, that none of this crap is true" She informed her friend giving her a knowing look.

"Yeah, we do, everyone else think that I am some kind of stripper or something"

Maddie rolled her eyes, Veronica had every right to feel that way. Because of Chuck Asshole Clayton, the whole school think that something happened between the two on their first day, which was completely untrue.

Before Maddie could open her mouth and try to make her friend feel better, Heremione Lodge suddenly appeared with her waitress outfit.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask. How was your date last night ?" She asked her daughter.

"Handsome on the outside, moron on the inside" Veronica answered as she lowered her head acting like she was doing her homework.

"What's that supposed to mean ?" Her mother asked glancing between the two girls.

"That, He is a total first class asshole" Maddie answered giving the older Lodge a small sarcastic smile making her answer more believable.

"He's just not really my type" the raven haired girl shrugged, avoiding her mothers' eyes.

As her mother was about to ask what happened, Veronica's phone buzzed along with Maddie's, the teenage girls glanced at each other first than at the phones on the table, they received a text from Betty.

Meet me at the High School, now.

-

Madylin and Veronica walked down the school's hallway side by side, both wondering why did their blonde friend invite them.

When the two walked into the room they were suprised to see that there wasn't just Betty in the room but multiple other girls, all of them sitting in a chair surrounding their blonde friend.

"The story is bigger than we thought" Betty informed the two.

Maddie and Veronica both gave Betty a look, telling her to explain more.

"I started asking around if what happened to you happened to anyone else and if anyone could go on record" She said.

"I will. One hundred percent" A girl with small blonde locks answered, Madylin recognised her as Ethel Muggs.

"It's five guys on the football team, Chuck and  his posse" The girl spoke.

"Why am I not surprised" Madylin said narrowing her eyes.

"Ethel was about to tell us her story" Betty smiled down at the girl.

"One day, Last year, Chuck and I talked in the library for ten minutes" She shrugged "I helped him with a math problem and nothing happened. But the next day he started telling people that I let him do stuff to me, like sex stuff " she shyly told the group of girls.