Chapter Thirteen

Madylin hated funerals, she remembers that the first funeral she ever went to was her grandfather's when she was six, he'd died of cancer, back then she didn't know what was really happening she just knew that her grandfather was sleeping in a coffin and that he would never wake up again.

She hated funerals but yet there she was, standing in her room glancing at the mirror as she got ready to go to one. A heavy sigh left the brunette's lips as she adjusted the hem of her black dress one more time, she made sure to wear a dress that was appropriate for such a saddening day.

Madylin heard the loud sound of heels approaching her room, as her mother's head peeked through the door to see if her daughter was decent.

"Are you ready, Honey?" Her mother asked, pushing the door of her daughter's room wide open.

"Yeah" Maddie nodded, taking one last glance at herself on the mirror.

"It must be so hard for Penelope and Clifford" He mom said, "Loosing a child at such a young age"

"Yeah"

"I would probably die, if anything happens to you" Her mother sighed, walking toward her daughter giving her a small kiss on the forehead.

Madylin knew her mother kept secrets from her, a lot of them. Jessica says it for her own sake, otherwise she would've told her. She always says that her daughter's safety comes before her own.

After years of trying to convince her mother to share those so called secrets, she just let go knowing that her mother would never do something that would hurt her.

Madylin and her mother were ready to go, both walked out if the house, both dressed in black outfits. Madylin glanced at the houses in front of theirs and saw that they looked empty, probably because they were already gone, the brunette let out a sigh before opening the door of the passenger's seat.

-

Once the two Gracewoods finally arrived at the Blossom's mansion, Madylin and her mother presented their condolences to both Penelope and Clifford Blossom before the two female split, Madylin went to seat with her friends while her mom walked toward her old friend Hermione Lodge.

"Hey" The brunette said, letting her friends know that she was there, she sat on the empty chair next to Jughead.

"Hey" Was almost everyone's reply.

Madylin's eyes glanced at Valerie who was seated next to Archie, she couldn't help but roll her eyes at her presence. Jughead noticed his friend's act and give her a small nudge with his elbow.

The brunette turned her head toward the dark haired boy and shook her head, silently asking him why did he do such a thing. Jughead didn't say anything, he just diverted his eyes to Archie then back to Madylin.

"What?" She quietly hissed, but Jughead didn't answer he just smirked.

The teenager were all sitting in silence when suddenly Archie stood up, making everyone's eyes follow his mouvements.

They watched as the redhead walked toward Mrs. Blossom and handed her a jersey, Jason's jersey. The woman didn't say anything she just stared at the boy in front of her before she slowly lifted her hand and caressed the boy's cheek and slightly brushed her fingers over his hair.

Betty, Madylin and Kevin looked at the two behind them with furrowed eyebrows, the woman must've been blinded by the boy's ressemblance to her own son. Both redheaded, both a part of the football team.

Archie slowly walked back to where his friends where sitting and sat back down.

"Did she just touch your hair?" Kavin asked.