Chapter Twelve

A few days have passed since the whole incident with Ms. Grundy, whom to everyone's pleasure has left town definitively, Jennifer Grcewood of course has grounded her daughter for a whole week, not because of their previous argument but because she lied to her mother and pretty much broke into someone's car.

Madylin wasn't the only grounded one, Betty was pretty much on a house arrest ever since the night of the drive-in. Madylin still found a way to sneak out and talk to Jughead or Archie, check up on them and try to resolve the mystery of the picture she found in her mother's bedroom.

"This is how my father had his murder board before it was trashed"

Those were the first words Maddie heard as she walked into the room, where they were used to meet for the Blue and Gold. Right in front of them was a whole new murder board, with almost every suspect on it. According to Kevin the night of the drive-in someone broke into his father's office and trashed the whole thing, obviously someone was hiding something.

"Does your father know who did that?" The brunette asked as everyone noticed her presence, she walked to where Jughead was standing his back leaned against the small table.

"Nope" Kevin answered, "No fingerprints"

"At all?"

"No. But they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the videos and the audiotapes of police interviews" The Keller boy continued.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of the doorknob making everyone glance at the door. Trev, Valerie's brother stepped in with a small smile.

"Hey, Betty" His smile grew wider, and surprisingly Betty was smiling widely as well. "Sorry to interrupt"

"Oh, it's fine. We're just working on-"

"Our murder board" Jughead interrupted the blonde.

The boy looked at the people in the room weirdly, before his eyes settled once again on the blonde.

"Well...I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?" Trev asked the blonde, a smile never leaving his lips.

"Absolutely, it's a date." Betty smiled, making everyone's eyes in the room widen, "I mean, I'll... I'll see you there. Bye"

Madylin smirked, crossing her arms against her chest as she watched the boy leave the room, Once the blonde turned around to look at her friends Kevin was the first one to speak.

"Going on a date with Trev?" He asked, " Does Mama Cooper know about that?"

"Took the words right out of my mouth" Madylin said.

"I'm not on house arrest." She replied, Kevin and Maddie gave her an incredulous look, "Okay, she's out of town for a women's journalism seminary"

"So you've got a date?" Madylin asked, smirking once again.

"It's not a date... date" The brunette replied.

"You just called it a date. You literally said 'it's a date'" Jughead added.

"That's my cover, Really. It's an intelligent gathering mission" The blonde explained. "We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't. The kids at Riverdale High." She added "You know, maybe Trav knows something about Jason that he didn't thing it was important."

"That's a smart move, Cooper" Madylin nodded, smiling proudly at her friend.

She turned her head toward Jughead who was sitting next to her, she noticed him rolling his eyes as Betty explained her date plan and Maddie's eyes widened in realisation.