24. The First Time

When I wake up, a delicious soreness overcomes my body in the most pleasurable pain imaginable. All the places I didn't know could hurt so good, ache with a still need to devour.

The thick comforter covering my body isn't enough to keep me warm from the cold, but the muscular arms that wrap me in a tight cocoon are.

Don't ask me how I got here. All I remember are walls against my back, desperate hands gripping my waist, rose petals lips clutching hungrily on to mine.

Xavier buries his face in my neck, and I can feel his soft breaths mingle with the surface of my skin. "How do you feel?" he whispers.

I barely have the words to answer.

He chuckles, something low that comes from the pit of his stomach, and begins to drag a slow finger down the dip of my neck.

"For your first time, damn..." he begins, leaning into my ear. "...that was sex."

I laugh, unable to help the red blush from staining my cheeks.

Still lying awake, I think of that one moment my whole world broke loose. We were entwined with each other; a collection of tangled limbs beneath the sheets before he whispered my name with need, he guided my body with the silkiest touch. He drank me soft like milk and kissed me sweet like honey, and all I did was let him in.

"You're going to leave me after this," I mutter, and in all seriousness the feeling of desire somehow evaporates.

Xavier will still be Xavier, won't he? The lustful boy with zero promises. He might've been my first time, but I can't erase the feeling that he really isn't changeable.

"No. I'll never leave you." Xavier pulls me tighter in a bear hug and tugs me to his broad chest, intertwining his legs with mine.

I manage to inch away from his bare skin. "How can you be so sure?"

Turning my body, I face him and tuck both my hands underneath my head, cushioning myself for comfort. It's still nighttime, and the room is a wondrous pitch black. However, I can still see the admirable glint in Xavier's dark eyes, and I drink them in.

"I'll prove it," he starts, resting his head on his palm. "Anything you wanna ask me, you can ask. I'll answer."

I laugh. Carte Blanche with Xavier-Lawrence Parker? Yes please.

"Fine," I say, unafraid to inch closer to the obnoxious boy. "First question—"

"Go right ahead."

"Was sleeping with me all you had planned?" I ask, a teasing hint to my voice.

He chuckles. "No, I baked a chocolate cake for tonight, and I originally wanted to watch some horror movie with you right after, convince you to cuddle with me."

I snort, an ugly noise that comes from the base of my throat. "Looks like things didn't go as planned."

"Well I still hadn't iced the cake yet, and I knew chocolate cake wouldn't taste as good as you do."

I playfully slap his arm, rolling my eyes and shifting closer to his body. Xavier's arm protectively wraps around my back, cupping my behind tightly.

"Next question," I begin. "Why did you bring me home? From the party?"

"It was kind of ironic, actually," he replies, taking my fiddling hands in his and entwining our tired fingers.