Chapter 2

Sebastian was about to go home that Friday night. With everything he has gathered about Siobhan and Leslie. He thinks he's ready for court on Monday. Or at least he hopes so. Considering he's going up against...

Someone knocked on his door knocking him out of reverie. "Come in."

It was Kara.

"Hey Sebastian." Kara greeted. "I saw the light is still open. What are you still doing here?"

"Just finishing up." Sebastian said. "Why are you still here?"

"I tend to check on everything around the building before leaving. The lights, the computers and all that."

"You are taking this assistant job way too far." Sebastian commented grabbing his messenger bag after putting away the last of his 'homework'. "I don't think maintenance of the building is part of the job description."

"Well it keeps Miss Grant from freaking out." Kara said. "Trust me, you do not want to see her angry."

"Duly noted" Sebastian said turning off the lights in his office and walking out the door with Kara.

"So how are you enjoying your first week at CAT Co."

"It's okay." Sebastian said. "A better topic would be how's your pursuit with James?"

Kara blushed. "Why do you want to know?"

"I'm not blind, Kara." Sebastian said. "I can see that you both like each other. What I don't understand is why don't you make a move already."

"I'm...not that kind of girl."

"Sure." Sebastian said with a knowing smirk. "Whatever you say.

"So what brought you to Cat Co."

"Well, Cat Grant was looking for a new General Council as well as a lawyer to represent her in court this coming Monday. And I was getting tired of working for my father. So I signed up. Of course being his son I had a better chance of getting the job than any other person in the company. I got the job."

"So you got in because of your father."

"Please, I am over qualified. I knew the inexperienced probie that my dad wanted to send. He was nothing more than an annoying little snake who stutters under pressure and couldn't tell the different between the defense and the prosecutor."

"Seriously."

"Well he was a little above a probie." Sebastian admitted. "but he only climbed his way up with hear says, and kissing ass."

"How do you know?"

"Easy. He was trying his little tricks on me."

"Good thing that you got the job then."

"Of course."

"So where are you headed?"

"Home." Sebastian said. "I live just a few blocks down."

"So I guess see you tomorrow."

"See you then." Sebastian said. "Nice to meet you, Kara. Maybe one day when we're both not busy we'll figure out your little James problem."

"I don't have a..."

Kara then noticed that playful glint in his eyes that Barry had when he saw the 'toys' around the DEO. He then gave Kara a wink and went on his merry way.

Kara shook her head and walked the other direction.

Sebastian passed by the store before heading home. Personally, he liked having little (well not too little) apartments to call home rather than big lavish mansions.