Bad Night

Sitting on her living room floor, dark rum and coke in their hands. She had her usual alcohol buzz. He stroked the side of her face, leaning in pressing his drunken lips to hers. He tasted like rum and metal... Emma began to think Regina would taste like apples and cinnamon, she loved that combination. She went to touch his free hand and when her hand touched the cold metal, it still shocked her. "What is it Swan?" His eyes darkened as he watched the blondes mind somewhere else. "It's not working anymore, since you had dinner at Regina's. I get it you need space, go focus on your family and when your done if you still want me I'll be here." Smiling fakely towards his girl, he would walk through hell and earth for her but in that moment she chose something else. Someone else.

She had to tell Regina how she felt.

Forgetting all about the fact she had a car, her legs moved frantically. Half way down the street running past ruby and granny who just stared at her strangely. She thanked god that it was raining so the woman she loved wouldn't see the sweat.

"It's four in the morning what do you want Miss Swan?" Regina's tone seemed harsh but Emma didn't care, when Regina looked a little rough and dead, it was strangely attractive. "I erm... Forgot to say a proper goodbye, I wanted to say sorry for not properly, yeah. Erm." Pulling the younger woman inside by that scabby red leather jacket Regina loved. "Your drunk, wet and talking like you have dog crap in your mouth. So how about we settle for hello and you can stay here the night, since clearly your plans with the pirate fell through." Emma held her arms out one by one allowing the older woman allowing her to take the jacket and her shoes off. "I think we just broke up." Emma started to go hazy as Regina helped her up the stairs. Little did Emma realise, Regina wasn't hiding the smile on her face.

"You can stay in Henry's room if you'd like? He's over at graces slumber party." Regina smiled to a slightly more sober Swan. She watched the blonde an her cheeky grin swiped across those thin lips. Neither would be the one to say anything about their feeling out of fear of being rejected. Emma didn't want the evil queen raging at her performing some 'anti-lesbian spell' and Regina just didn't want the woman she'd loved to throw it back in her face. "I'm getting in the shower." Regina slithered into the bathroom trying to compose herself.

Walking out she smiled at the lump in her bed breathing heavily. Carefully she opened the door about to go into Henry's room when she felt the need to turn around. When she did she was greeted by a very disappointed pair of blue eyes. "Gina, we've been through this. Come and be my little spoon." Regina huffed, secretly beaming that this was how she was to spend her night. Before Emma came she hadn't had any sleep, too busy up crying over the very woman that laid in her bed.

Climbing into bed happily she snuggled down with Emma allowing the blonde to wrap her arms around her. "Good night little spoon." Regina shrugged and turned her head over slightly to try see Emma. "There's nothing little about me." Emma propped herself up on her elbow to look deeply into Regina's eyes with reassurance. "I think, scrap that, I know you are perfect." Regina let out a gulp and Emma watched as the woman turned away from her gaze, feeling like her world was one large firework. "Good night little spoon." Emma smiled to herself as she pulled Regina in closet so she could smell the woman's hair. "Good night... Idiot." Emma pinched her causing her to squeal a little "good night... My idiot." Emma beamed and the two we're out like a light switch.