Broken dreams

Jungkook kept thinking about what had happened the night before. How could he have been any weirder than last night?? Taehyung probably thought he was a loser. Well, who wouldn't? Even Jungkook himself thought he was a loser.

However, as always, the more innocent and hopeful side thought of it was something... excitable. Jungkook wanted to think of the happy times they could have in the future. He wanted to think of where this could go. He wanted to think he was actually accepted by someone for once – even if he was a complete and utter failure.

"Hey! Idiot! Get your head out of your ass and start doing the only thing you're good at before I fire you!"

Jungkook jumped and nodded. "R-Right!" Quickly he went back to work and... And did the only thing he was good at. But even then, apparently he wasn't good enough or else he wouldn't have been yelled at.

-  -  -  -

"Why didn't I end myself yesterday...?" Another long day at work ended. Not-so-strangely enough, Jungkook started thinking about how he could kill himself again. Maybe this time, if he didn't pull on the breaks, he could actually do it?

He sighed, taking out his phone. He didn't think he could do it even if he tried; he was a failure at that, too. As he opened, Jungkook naturally flew to Instagram to see Taehyung's account. That boy seemed to be the only reason he wanted to live right now. Right away, he noticed the new notification of a new picture he posted. Jungkook immediately clicked on it and gulped.

Jungkook nearly let out a whimper; he was so happy.

W-Was this for me?

However Jungkook shook his head and pushed his phone back in his pocket. No, it couldn't be for him. Taehyung was too pretty to waste his time with someone like him.

Jungkook sighed. It was true, wasn't it? Taehyung must've done that for someone else. The older boy ran his fingers through his hair and walked to his car, using this as his chance to flee back home and whimper under the sheets.

"I want some cuddles..." A movie played on Jungkook's rundown TV, showing a girl and a guy hugging each other on the couch and resolving their problems together. He liked cheesy romance films – sue him. Even though it was completely fake, the boy just wanted that kind of love, too. It would be so nice if he could watch this with someone.

Then his phone vibrated, causing his attention to falter from the movie. Usually he didn't get anything, so he wondered who the hell it was... Until he noticed that familiar name on the screen.

"Taehyungie!"

...

Did I really just...?

His face flustered by the thought of the nickname he created. But he quickly shook it off as he went to his DM, looking at what Tae wrote.

Taeasmr: how was your day?

He wanted to know how his day was?! Jungkook's eyes wiggled around his room, trying to debate if he should fake it or not. Should he tell Taehyung he was also rich? No, it was too late for that. He saw his room already... And it looked like shit. So he couldn't lie about it anymore.

K00kieSh00kie: it was rough

Taeasmr: aww! Did my picture help you get through the day?