Back home

It's Déjà vu. The same street with all the same trees and the same houses. What else could I expect from this place.

"Skye when we get home you're going to help unload- call your friends later" My moms voice interrupts my brooding .

Honestly I don't understand why we had to move back here. We were happy back in New York. Granted we had only been there two years, that place felt more like home than here. I didn't want to see some people here...

"Here we are" shouts my brother

Back at the same house like nothing has changed

-----

After unpacking for an hour or two I finally get a second to sit down in  my room. I look at the mirror in the corner- the same place where it was two years ago- and see a completely different girl. My dark locks have grown down to my waist, my face has cleared up of acne, I've gotten taller ( 5'5)and I lost my baby fat. In the words of my best friend back in New York I'm "a future VS model". Don't we all wish??

"Hey Skye." My brother barges into my room. "Mom wants you to get ready for dinner, we are going out to eat with people."

"Who are we going to eat with??" I ask my 16 year old brother.

"It's a surprise." He answers devilishly then goes back at to his room and back to his precious cell phone.

I groan. I wonder what awful people we will be having dinner with this time

---

A thirty minute shower does wonders, especially if you have been in the car for hours. After blow drying my hair I do some quick make up- mascara, concealer and some eyeliner. My out fit choice was a cute black skirt- mid thigh- wi a red cami and some booties. I hoped mom would approve of this and not make me change like she always does.

---

"Okay honey behave for you mom."

I roll my eyes. "Dad, stop treating me like I'm 2 I am 17! What do you think I'm going to do? Flip shit on whoever we are eating with?"

"Ice cream if you behave?" He retorts

He knows my weakness and I can't help but agree- wouldn't you? We walk into the restaurant. It's a semi nice place, Italian I think. A second we walk to the table I recognize the people my brother and mother are with. Mr. and Mrs. Page and their sons- Maverick and Lucas.

The two people that I dreaded seeing the most.

We had a very complicated history. And my promise to my dad would be coming back to bite me.