The party

As we pull up to the house the party is already in full swing. Pounding music, shouts of wasted teens and lights flashing. I didn't hate parties but going to one at this town didn't feel right. Plus I was with the Page brothers. Not a good mix.
"Come on princess we don't have all day." Said Maverick as he brushed by me.
I shivered and walked behind them.
As we entered the house, all eyes were on us. I don't know if it was because of the boys or my return. It was an exciting entrance. Girls glaring at me and guys checking me out.
"Yoooo Mav, Lucas glad yall could make it." Drawled a tall blonde guy. "And who is this new girl."
"Thomas it's Skye." Retorted Lucas.
He stared at me in shock. Guess I did change more than I thought.
"I'm back" I laughed
"Well I am certainly glad you are. Mav the boys are in the back and Lucas Diana's in the kitchen. Good luck with her." Thomas clapped their backs and walked away.
I gave Lucas a confused look. I didn't know him and Diana were still together.
"It's complicated." Lucas said sheepishly as he walked away. Probably towards the girl devil in the kitchen.
"Do u want to come with me or go on your own." Asked Maverick
I turn to look for my brother but he has already disappeared. Great.
"Looks like I'm stuck with you."
He laughs and pulls me through the crowd until we get to a room with a few other guys in it.
"Damn Maverick it's time you got a girl."
"She's hot good job bro."
"Guys shut up. It's Skye. Also I'm maverick- I don't date" Replied Maverick.
They all give me a once over. I faintly remembered these guys from middle school. I didn't realize Maverick was friends with them.
"Well welcome back Skye. I hope we can get reacquainted." Flirts a cute brunette. "My name is Liam, if you didn't remember ."
I laugh and shake his hand. I meet all the other guys. The guy who looks like a surfer dude is Matt and the last one who has blonde hair and is well built is Davis. They all seem pretty cool. I like them already.
---
After talking about the latest happenings in the town Maverick pulls me away to get a drink.
"I think I like you friends better than you already." I smirk at Maverick
"Sounds like a lie." He turns and faces. His face only inches apart from mine. "Because we both know you liked me, a lot."
"Don't you wish 'Mavs' ." I dare to step closer.
"No one has called me that since since you left."
"I guess it was my thing." I say as I look up at him.
We stare at each other for a moment. His stare is intense and I wonder what he is thinking about. For the few moments we were together I forgot about the party and I forgot who he was. Right there just felt so right.
He starts to say something but a giggling couple stumbles past us and interrupts us. And brings me back to reality. What was I thinking?? This is maverick. I don't want to get involved.
"Skye you need a drink come on." He says as he walks away.
And I'm left to wonder what would've happened if we weren't interrupted...