Dinner

As I walk into the table where my family and my 2 ex best friends sit I only had one wish. To go back home. But sadly I was here.
"Skylar is that you?!?"
I wince at my full name. I usually prefer Skye.
"Hello Mrs. Page" I say and return her excited hug.
I turned to sit down beside my brother and dad. Maverick and Lucas were right across from me. Awkward
"Hey Shrimp." Says Lucas
I laugh at my old nick name, I was a pretty short kid.
"Hey Lucas, how have you been." I reply
"Good but it hasn't been the same without you."
"Your right Lucas.. it's been better." Chips in Maverick.
I make a face at him
"Nice to see you to Maverick." That was complete sarcasm on my part.
"Maverick don't be a prick, you know mom and dad will ground us." Lucas is always scolding his brother.
He just rolls his eyes and I inwardly groan. Not only has Maverick grown to be hot, but he's also a prick. Why am I not surprised?
----
The rest of dinner wasn't awful. Me and Lucas chatted and Maverick butted in a few times. I must admit they have both grown up veryyyyy attractive. The kind of hot that would make a random girl fall in love on sight. But (thankfully) not me. I guess after all those years we spent together I was immune to their charm. I hope.
"Maverick, Lucas why don't you drive Skye and her brother, Andrew home. I want to have some drinks with their parents." What a great suggestion Mrs. Page
"No it's fine we can walk!" I have to get out of this
"Honey that's ridiculous, it was a long drive. Go with them, we will only be an hour or two." Scolds my dad.
"Cmon shorty we don't have all night." Maverick says as he winks at me.
I hastily grab my phone and stalk out of the restaurant. I follow the boys to the car- a black Range Rover- and hop in.
"My address is-" I start
"Skye, we know your address, but we wouldn't need it anyways." Says Maverick smartly
"What do you mean?"
Lucas turns around. "There is a big party tonight and due to this dinner we have missed most of it. Now don't you want to see all your school friends?"
Maverick laughs and my brother hollers. He looks a little to excited.
"I'm so in. One day back and I'm going to my first party." Says my brother- very happily.
"Guys I'm not going just take me home then go get wasted in your own."
"Aww we would miss u to much Skye" sarcastically pouts Jackson
I reach up and hit him on the arm.
"Hey! Don't hit the driver! I'm already suffering enough by being DD."
"Can it Maverick, I was it last time. Skye your going. Suck it up , it could be fun." Lucas says this as Maverick starts the engine.
Looks like I'm going to a party- against my will.